[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - what happened

what happened

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what happened

Postby johnpaul » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi to all Im john 46 years old and until a few months ago
a martial arts instructor holding 5 different black belts
a construction manager working six days a week on a site .
as strong as an ox and twice as stubborn .

went to bed on a wednesday at age 46 woke up I was 87

couple a heart attacks
now being told ive got fm and angina

i thought it was a touch of flu lol lol lol

so all said and done can I join your gang lol
johnpaul
UKFM Newbie

Re: what happened

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 pm

You're more than :welcome: to join our gang john :wave: :wave: :wave:

I've moved you into here with this being your intro post as it's a more suitable part of the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Altho you've got 5 black belts you don't have to worry, we'll play nice and gently with you as we all know how the slightest touch can hurt :-D :-D :-D

Hopefully you'll find us a friendly and supportive place. The boards are packed full of advice and info covering all sorts of subjects, as well as a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to help get you thru the day :lol: :lol:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, there's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience and may have some useful advice for you :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:27 am

What an awful experience for you and those around you . Although not sporty I know what hard work and dedication goes into any of the martial arts and to have a chieve what you have is in my book pretty amazing, never mind combining that with a physical day to day job.

To literaly have all of that taken away from you in such a short time must be awful for you. :(

Although I believe that the ladies outnumber the guys on here there are plenty of men to chat guy stuff with :lol:
Plus given that most of the symptoms of FM aren't gender specific we do tend to support each other. I have found this forum such a bonus in wht has been a pretty rough few months .

Good luck on your journey with FM , it may not be the easiest you have taken but if you need help, look to past threads or post your own . I did and have never regretted it.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm

:welcome: to the gang John :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:01 am

hi john :welcome:
to the mad house :lol: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 am

Hi John glad to have you in our gang :welcome: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:15 pm

:welcome: John :) Glad to have you onboard! Merry Christmas x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello