what happened

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

what happened

Postby johnpaul » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi to all Im john 46 years old and until a few months ago
a martial arts instructor holding 5 different black belts
a construction manager working six days a week on a site .
as strong as an ox and twice as stubborn .

went to bed on a wednesday at age 46 woke up I was 87

couple a heart attacks
now being told ive got fm and angina

i thought it was a touch of flu lol lol lol

so all said and done can I join your gang lol
johnpaul
UKFM Newbie

Re: what happened

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 pm

You're more than :welcome: to join our gang john :wave: :wave: :wave:

I've moved you into here with this being your intro post as it's a more suitable part of the forum :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Altho you've got 5 black belts you don't have to worry, we'll play nice and gently with you as we all know how the slightest touch can hurt :-D :-D :-D

Hopefully you'll find us a friendly and supportive place. The boards are packed full of advice and info covering all sorts of subjects, as well as a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to help get you thru the day :lol: :lol:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, there's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience and may have some useful advice for you :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Iceskatemum » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:27 am

What an awful experience for you and those around you . Although not sporty I know what hard work and dedication goes into any of the martial arts and to have a chieve what you have is in my book pretty amazing, never mind combining that with a physical day to day job.

To literaly have all of that taken away from you in such a short time must be awful for you. :(

Although I believe that the ladies outnumber the guys on here there are plenty of men to chat guy stuff with :lol:
Plus given that most of the symptoms of FM aren't gender specific we do tend to support each other. I have found this forum such a bonus in wht has been a pretty rough few months .

Good luck on your journey with FM , it may not be the easiest you have taken but if you need help, look to past threads or post your own . I did and have never regretted it.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:30 pm

:welcome: to the gang John :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:01 am

hi john :welcome:
to the mad house :lol: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:28 am

Hi John glad to have you in our gang :welcome: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:15 pm

:welcome: John :) Glad to have you onboard! Merry Christmas x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello