Hello all!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello all!

Postby RetiredBridgeburner » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Hello, I'm new to the site so thought I'd pop in and introduce myself!

I'm 23 and just recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Interstitial Cystitis. What began as seemingly IBS symptoms soon progressed into sensory sensitivity and muscle/joint pains out of nowhere.

I'm currently booked in with a pain management clinic and after a frustrating visit to not-my-usual doctor (who said there was nothing they could do and to just "man up" essentially) I feel I'm having to do a lot of research myself. Is this something others have found too?

Merry Christmas all and I wish you a New Year as pain free as possible :-)
RetiredBridgeburner
UKFM Member

Re: Hello all!

Postby monica » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Welcome

I've had the same sort of Doctors who dismiss the fibro and tell me to "just get on with it" which I do. This site is a mine of info with very helpful people.

Happy Christmas to you too. :xmaswave1:
monica
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum :santchimney1:

Have you another gp who you could see? as having an understanding gp can make a big difference with fibro.
Sometimes it can take a combo of meds to get the pain under control, this cold damp weather does not help as it does affect all the joints, i always feel more achy in the winter.

here is a link of some meds used to treat fibro-
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

We have lots of info and support on here so any questions just ask.

the pain clinic should could you info on things like physio/hydro/swimming/exercising, medication.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:12 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum.

There's lots of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some useful bits in amongst it all. We also try to support each other thru those not~so~great times as well as joining in with the :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: when someone shares some good news with us :clap: :clap: :clap:

You're definitely not alone in finding that you are doing your own research. It's thru Googlying different things for FM that people often come across our fibro club. Whilst medical professionals can give us the general text book explanations about the condition, the more unique aspects, info and details tend to come from fellow FMers who will have probably experienced something very similar. Also any research that is being carried out doesn't tend to make headlines like it does for other conditions, so again it's only thru looking for things ourselves that we tend to find out about it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:31 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby penfriend » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 am

Hello retiredbridgburner just want to say that with the cystitis, all over the years, the herb cornsilk has helped me so many times, rather than taking an antibiotic which only gives more thrush/candida which takes ages to clear. I drink it as a tea. It is available through Woodland Herbs, 100 Woodlands Road, Glasgow., www.woodlandherbs.co.uk It is only £2. a pack plus postage. It has never failed to improve any bladder condition. Hope you get it and it helps.
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby RetiredBridgeburner » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 am

Thank you very much! I am due a cystoscopy at some point in the new year, once I've had that I'll look into getting some of this. :-D
RetiredBridgeburner
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello