Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby margaretc » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:32 pm

HI i've jst joined n thoughti'd say hello,i was diagnosed with FM bout 6mths ago,my doc not gave me much advice or information about it and i hve had to find out all about it myself by lookin online,i also hve chrons disease,underactive thyroid,DJD,its xmas eve n i'm in so much pain and so dwn i havent even gt xmas dinner had to ask my ex hubby to gt it n ask kids to his i've not gt the energy this year :cry: am i the only one that feels like this cause i feel like nobody understands :!:
margaretc
UKFM Newbie

Re: NEW MEMBER

Postby Flash » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Margaret, :welcome: to the forum and happy christmas. :santchimney1: :xmastree1:

You are not alone on here. Yes I totally understand the pain you are in. I have had F/M for 18 years also Under active thyroid, asthma and osteo arthritis in the neck, spine, shoulders, hips etc. It' easy to think no one understands especially with F/M as it is difficult for our friends and family to make sense of.

If your ex is having the children, what are you doing? I hope you have someone near by.

The site might not be visited much today so don't despair, soon everyone will be back and you will get as much help and advise as you need.

Gentle hugs and take care. :hugs: :hugs:
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:26 am

:grouphug: Hi Margaret

:welcome: to the site!!! I too have fibro, crohn's disease, diabetes, high bp, osteoporosis and spinal problems!!! I am sure that the crohn's disease triggered the fibro when i was diagnosed 12 years ago as that was the start of all my problems!!! Like flash says there may not be too many members on site today but i dont know how i would have got by had it not been for this site, so you have come to the right place. I will be on here this morning in between cooking dinner so if i can help you at all just shout!!!! I hope you are not alone today with your children going to dads!!!

Take care
Milly xxx :-) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, I hope you have a restful day and feel more able to deal with Christmas tomorrow :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby margaretc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:33 am

thnks guys for ur welcome :-) it means a lot to know that there are others who know exactly wot i'm feelin,i didnt hve a very gd xmas not just because of the pain but also never gt to see my wee baby grndaughter until thursday ,i had to go to docs for pain meds ,my back n legs are now going into ceasures several times a day which results in me being unable to move,my 13yr old daughter is now my registered young carer i hate her seeng me like this n she doesnt know wot to do to help me which gets her upset too,my other daughter is now 6mths pregnant n is not eating properly she is only 8stone n 13wks left to baby comes the stress of this is not helping me either i feel like nothing going right at the moment i could scream! on the plus side my ex hubby has bought me a new electric buggy n we tlkin bout startin to get our family back together :D I'm gonna try gt a wee nap as baby grandaughter comin at 7.30am wae her Papa as he kept her tonight as i was nt able too,gonna spend the day with them n hopefully will feel a bit better wen i gt back from docs,hope u all had a nice xmas n once again thanks for listening it really does mean a lot , :-D xxxx
margaretc
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:59 pm

:welcome: to the forum Margaret :wave:

We have lots of info and support on the forum so have a good look around and just shout if you want to know anything we are a friendly bunch on here :-D

I see you are also fighting crohns, i have had it for 17yrs and having lots of problems along with fibro at mo. :(

Welcome aboard :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello