[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New

New

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New

Postby Janp » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:30 am

Hello. I've spent the last couple of years being the package in a medical game of, 'pass the parcel', (as it appears so many people have). The doctors won't come to a diagnosis, let alone a prognosis, so my agony, my FM, (for such it appears to me), goes into the medical, 'too difficult, next patient please', bin. Next stop the pain clinic and after that...?

After a year off work, I was fired last month for physical incapacity, the kids are grown up and no longer need me and I'm tired of inflicting myself on my long-suffering wife. In a relatively short time, I have gone from being the provider and family anchor, to a crouched, grimacing, often silent, embarrassment. The thought of spending possibly the next thirty years waking up in this much, or God help me, (and as seems likely, reading articles on this site), more pain, seems, quite frankly, absurd.

Anybody out there got any, 'magic bullets', or failing that, real ones?

With this much pain going on 24/7, how does anybody spot the first symptoms of the killer conditions anyway?

I'd say that this feels like, 'Waiting For God', but would any sane, rational, beneficent and omnipotent, 'creator', really want to do this?
Janp
UKFM Newbie

Re: New

Postby denys » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:20 pm

Hi Janp and :welcome: to the forum :wave: have you had a referral to a rheumatologist???? if not maybe you should ask your doc in the New Year to do it, at least then you stand a chance of diagnosis and also of getting some form of pain relief which may take the edge off for you :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 pm

hi janp
have to agree with denys, if you have been then ask to go again but to see a different one

welcome to the forum
good to have you with us :xmaswave1:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby penfriend » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:26 pm

dear newbie, Janp, welcome to the forum. I am a christian and been ill most of my life. One always expects God to heal, but He is Sovereign and often has other purposes for allowing illness. Indeed, the only way I have coped, is believing that in and through all the suffering and pain, and being disabled, that He is still in charge, and that everything works for my good to those who love God, which I do. Certainly, if I had not had M.E., Fibro and carpal, plus many extras, and been in this position, I most probably would have been a proud person, which God hates. It has certainly taken down all pride, and I know that I feel terribly for anyone who is ill, with tremendous trials and difficulties in their lives. It can also bring you to God, if you realise you are a sinner needing the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, for He is the only way, the truth and the life.

I really is taking one day at a time, and one night too, which can be so very painful, and trusting God to see you through. Do not think of the years ahead, for that will only bring you down. I do not have many years left now, but that is in God's hands too. Love Penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby Soapbubbles » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:34 pm

Hi Penfriend,
Thank you for your very honest post. I too am a Christian. I had to stop going to church as was ill every weekend and needed the rest. I sometimes think this is a bit odd, but no doubt I am where I need to be at present. I admire the fact that you have faith inspite of so much suffering in your life.

Our life's journeys would appear to take us through many different places and some are very dark and lonely ones. But less so thanks to this forum.
Soapbubbles
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum Janp :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby penfriend » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Dear soapbubbles, how lovely to meet you dear, and to know you too are a christian. its hard being a christian and chronically and disabled for years, but that does not alter God's love for us. The blessing is that God suffers with us and He does not expect us to do anything we cannot possibly do. I too cannot attend a church, not been able to, for nearly 8 years now, and even then it was very spasmodic. I also have carpel tunnel so its hard to type, with swollen painful hands. We are blessed if we can get good ministry online, when we are able to cope, and this is what my husband and I do. We watch the live broadcast from thye Metropolitan Tabernacle, where Mr. Spurgeon used to preach, and have other ministry during the week. I cannot even hold a Bible so its good to hear the Word of God online.

I do hope you are coping with your pain and able to bear it. Do you have family? These last 4 months have been the worst for me, not being able to get out of bed, only once or twice. I am upset too as my daughter is over here this week from France where she lives, and I am too poorly to see her, and she has just gone down with a very nasty virus, so do not think I shall even get to see her before she goes back on New Year's day. The trouble is we are so weak and our immune system is virtually nil.

Rest in the Lord and trust Him to uplift you, and encourage you through it all. God bless.
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum janp :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:

I'm sorry to hear you're caught up in the medical version of pass the parcel, I wish I could tell you it's an unusual situation, but as you've discovered, it sadly isn't :( :( :(

I'm with Denys and loubie about asking for a referral to a rheumatologist as they tend to be the peeps who investigate the possibility of FM being the reason for your various symptoms and problems. Hopefully from there you might start moving a bit closer to getting some answers.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Leona » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi Janp, it's nice to meet you! My symptoms have been taken as other issues for years, including blaming it on my mental health. I'm an atheist....but still a lovely person to talk to....honest! :-D
Leona
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello