Hiya, nice to meet you!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hiya, nice to meet you!

Postby Leona » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:30 am

Hiya all, nice to meet you! I'm Leona and have joined this forum in a bid to understand Fibromyalgia more and hopefully make some new friends along the way! I've only recently been diagnosed officially, but looking back I realise I've had it for years - just didn't know. Luckily my new GP spotted the signs that the other doctors had missed :roll: so now I have a diagnoses I know what I'm dealing with and intend to face it head on. My fiance has his own health problems and we look after each other, he's a wonderful man. We make each others life worth living, no matter how difficult it can be. See you around the forum!
And belated Xmas wishes :xmasdance1:
Leona
UKFM Member

Re: Hiya, nice to meet you!

Postby SoulShirl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 pm

:wave:

Hi Im a newie too and have recently been diagnosed after 2 years backwards and forwards to the gp - began to feel like a hypocondriac. Like you my fiance has health issues - im the worker of the 2 so hoping my fibro doesnt get any worse as I can just about work through any flare ups although have been brought home a couple of times when the dizzyness has got so bad.

Im sure you will find the forum a great help.

Shirl x x
SoulShirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum Leona :wave: :wave: Lovely to have you with us, I just wish it was for a nicer reason that we find our way here :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lots of us have found that we may have had FM, or at least some of its symptoms and problems for a good while before being dx'd, so you're in good company. It tends to all make a bit more sense when you learn what FM is and what its signs and symptoms are.

You'll find lots of info and advice covering all sorts of subjects across the boards, hopefully there'll be some helpful bits in amongst it all. If you can't find something or are wondering about a particular matter, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your fiancé sounds a very special person, having someone understanding and supporting you makes a huge difference with something like FM, just as you being understanding and supportive it will do to him :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

:happy-new-year-group-1: :happy-new-year-group-1: :happy-new-year-group-1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Leona :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Leona and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Leona » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for my warm welcome :bear-dancing:
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:27 pm

One quick question....how can I view peoples profiles? Usernames aren't clickable links??? Or am I being a dumbass :crazy:
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Profiles aren't viewable Leona :( :( :( They used to be, but reports began circulating that Atos, DWP people were posing as members of forums to try and see if there were any ways they could match members to claims and use any differences they found in part of the decision making process. So you're not being a dumbass, we were on Red Knicker Alert in making sure that members feel comfortable and safe using the forum.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Leona » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm

OMG!! That's terrible. Maybe I should change my username here as I don't think they'd be many Leona's with Fibro living in the UK. What do you think? And that would mean this thread gets deleted too. I've only just sent back my Atos form...
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 pm

Actually, scrub that above, I've nothing to hide - I'll stick to my real name :mrgreen:

happy-new-year-1
Leona
UKFM Member

Postby moonhare » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi Leona,

and welcome to the site. :welcome:

By the way - I just love those socks - they're fab!!!!! :woot:
moonhare
UKFM Member

Postby Leona » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:15 pm