unsure newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

unsure newbie

Postby darcyjade » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Hi everyone

as yet I am undiagnosed, but after much research and visiti.nd lurking at various forums for fibro, cfs, me, anxiety etc I feel I have a closer affinity to those witj fibro.

I'm not here to get diagnosed, but just tryingto make sense ofwhat is happening to me.

My main problems started last July with increasing fatigue and memory probs along with brain fog. I was making mistakes at wrk and forgetting things as well as taking twice as long to vet tasks done. I started to worry about this and in turn this lead to anxiety and stress abiut work. In Sept I went off sick as I started to have panic attacks and then a whole host of synptoms kicked in.
Muscle twitching, sciatica (which I had never had before), shoulder and neck pain, visual probs, nausea that never went away, tinnitus, headaches, extreme fatigue (sometimes sleeping all day), very painful big toe, tight knuckles, insomnia

I feel like I have lost at least 20 points off my IQ, and feel like I am living in an older body. Iam 45 and the Gp assures me I am not going through the menopause, all my bloods have come back normal except for a raised cholesterol. I also suffer from recurring nose sores and foul smelli.g urine.
Am I right to think I may have fibro??? or does anyone think it could be something else. I have to admit I dont need to take pain killers but the other symptoms havefloored me. Things have slowly started to get better since Dec
darcyjade
UKFM Newbie

Re: unsure newbie

Postby denys » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum we could not possibly say whether your symptoms are a sign of Fibro or anything else you need to go back to your doc and take a list of the symptoms you have and ask them for either a diagnosis or a referral to a rhuematologist :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum.

With the info you'll find on here, hopefully you'll start to make sense of things and get closer to finding out what is the reason for your various symptoms and problems.

Making a list of symptoms, or even keeping a diary for a while to show how you are being affected on a day~to~day basis and taking it with you for your GP to read about why you think FM could be the reason for how you have been over recent weeks/months might be what is needed to start the dxing process.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum darcyjade :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello