Another Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another Newbie

Postby LucyLiz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi all,

My name is Lucy, I'm about to turn 27, and everything hurts! I mean, everything!!

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year and to be honest, I wasn't even convinced it was even a real thing. I'd been in and out of the doctor's surgery with what seemed like a bunch of random ailments, the worst being pain in my legs, and she eventually decided it was one of two things, either something that would be diagnosed by a rheumatologist, or Fibro. She actually described it as "being hit by a bus syndrome", where you constantly feel as though you've been hit by a bus but seemingly for no reason.

I remember immediately thinking that I didn't want that diagnosis as I knew that, from that day onwards, anything I went to the doctor with would be written off as the Fibromyalgia, probably without investigation.

I have good days and bad days, today being a bad one, but what I find most frustrating is that there just doesn't seem to be any relief. As I type this my shins and thighs are throbbing like crazy, there's shooting pains in my feet and into the side of my left breast, and nothing seems to relieve the pain.

As awful as it sounds, I'm glad to have found these forums with people going through what I'm going through - in an odd way it's reassuring to know that the Fibro is real and that's what's causing the problems as opposed to the fatal conditions that the hypercondriac in my head thinks I have! Off to have a read, and hopefully stumble across the miracle treatment that's going to fix me...fingers crossed!!
LucyLiz
UKFM Newbie

Re: Another Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:16 pm

hi, lucy, first sorry you are feeling so bad, its an awful feeling,

have you and your gp tried different meds to see if any help some work for some and not for others and some need a combination,

have you learnt the dreaded pacing thing and listening to your body i still struggle with this at times but when i manage to do it it dose help a little.

another thing is if you can acept what is wrong with you and not keep looking for the mirical but a way to cope this will help also( my thoughts only)

you are not a hyprocondriac at all but this is a thing that not only affects us physicaly but emotionaly so we can lose a little bit of rational thinking,

but if you can get these thoughts out of your head it will help, have you told your gp how you are feeling and thinking you are not alone in this i think alot of us have had these thoughts at some point,

i thought i had all sorts of things at first but affter being told and eccepting it i have not had them .

i have also found that if i go with a new problem it isnt just put down to fm but looked at as a new thing.

if you feel that this is happening try another gp,

it is a very hard thing to ceal with and i think we will always have good and bad days we just have to try and help our selves have more good days than bad

not easy i know but if we can avoid things that agrivate things that will help.

this is a very good place to come and has helped me through all my bad times.

hope you feel better soon and find youe way of copeing.

take care xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:21 pm

:welcome: to our little fibro sanctuary LucyLiz :wave: :wave:
LucyLiz wrote:As awful as it sounds, I'm glad to have found these forums with people going through what I'm going through - in an odd way it's reassuring to know that the Fibro is real and that's what's causing the problems as opposed to the fatal conditions that the hypercondriac in my head thinks I have! Off to have a read, and hopefully stumble across the miracle treatment that's going to fix me...fingers crossed!!

You're not on your own in feeling glad to have come across the forum and find just how many of us are experiencing/going thru similar things to what you are. For some it's a huge relief as they have either very little or no support from people around them, esp at those times when things are overwhelming them. So finding that there is a group who not only understand what is happening, but will share their experiences with the hope that it will make things a little easier for someone else can make a huge difference to them.

There's lots of info and advice across the boards, covering all sorts of subjects, hopefully you'll come across some useful bits as you have a read and a look around. I don't think that miracle cure is on here, I've looked everywhere I can think of, even in the dusty cupboards where the spiders and BoogeyMen live, and I haven't come across anything, not even a spell from the 3 witches in Hamlet. I did find an eye of newt and wing of bat, but that was as far as it went :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lucy
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Leona » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Welcome! Take care xx
Leona
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello