hello and help me please!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello and help me please!!

Postby haty 2010 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:24 am

I had a total hysterectomy following 20yrs of endometriosis in 2010.I was put on hrt patches,went back to work 6 wks after as I felt fine,and love my job.

4mths later I started with the fatigue,headaches,aching joints,sleeping problems.I had tests for arthritis which were negative.
8 mths later rheumatologist told me it was FM and told me my gp would support me as I felt we had a good relationship.
It has now been 13mths and I've had amitriptyline and fluxotine but don't think it did alot,even upping the doses....I also had gabapentin since last october but felt the same.

I've had a lifetime of paracetamol,ibuprofen and codeine and again didn't have a lot of relief from them.
on n.yr.eve I went really downhill,resulting in me being in bed for 3 days with such widespread pain,that all I can say is "the pain is ABSOLUTELY everywhere"'.

I went to see "A" doctor at my surgery who sent me to A&E with a suspected blood clot...What!!!!! anyway,Dr there told me to come off gabapentin and just to take codeine.
I'm still really uncomfortable,not able to get away from the pain.

I walk like I'm 80 odd and can only do a slight chore then I'm hurting more again.
my gp on Monday told me to just have codeine 15mg during day and 30mg at night but I'm still awake,can't sleep,too painful to sleep. they're referring me back to rheumatoloby for their input and want me to see CBT.
Im also being referred to neurology and have been told it could be MS instead.
I'M AT A LOSS AS WHAT TO DO,WHAT TO TAKE,IF IT IS FM NOW.

today it has taken me 20 minutes to get dressed. my arms are hurting SO much and struggling to bend my fingers, i feel like they are on fire...thank god i can type with the tips.
I want my life back and this to end:«
Jane, Derby
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
haty 2010
UKFM Member

Re: hello and help me please!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am

:welcome: to the forum Jane.

I'm sorry to hear how things are for you, it's no wonder you're all over the place with seeing so many different people about several possible conditions and dx's. I can see why your GP has referred you to these different departments tho, FM shares a lot of symptoms with several other conditions, incl MS, so having things investigated makes sense to make sure you are being treated for the right thing.

As you'd made a virtually identical post to this one on a different intro topic, I've removed it to save on the confusion that arises with duplicated posts. I've left this one with it being your own topic so hopefully you'll get some helpful replies :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

There are other meds that can be used in trying to manage FM, this linky tells you about them http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx I know you've mentioned trying some but there are quite often several similar meds in each group to be tried. If you have a look at things then go and see your GP about what might be suitable alternatives for you to try, hopefully you will start finding the right cocktail of things to make you feel a bit more comfortable. It can take a bit of time and involve a fair bit of trial and error to find what is right for you, but it is possible to get some control over this condition.

There are lots of over suggestions about things across the boards, so maybe having a bit of a look and a read as you find your way around could throw up some useful info and advice for you.

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jane. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi Jane and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello