Hello from Paul

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Paul

Postby gw8dnb » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi All

I was diagnosed with FM several years ago based on the fact that I was having simultainious pain in all four limbs/wrists/ankles.
Somehow I never really accepted this but took the painkillers and Pregabalin.
Two years ago my wife died after a nasty condition and three months ago my younger brother died after 3 days illness.
So now I have no one accept an infirm 91 year old mother.
I am 61 on Sunday and now with age and bereavement the FM seems to be rapidly accelerating to the point where I cannot really look after myself. The worst deteration is a Flu like illness where my whole body aches and my mind/brain don't work very well.

Feeling very isolated and glad to have found this forum.

Paul
My support is my little dog and 2 cats.
gw8dnb
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from Paul

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Hi Paul and welcome!

So sorry to hear of your loss :hugs: and yes i would imagine how much pain your in with such trauma.

Its great you found us as theres lots of support and advice here :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby denys » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 am

Hi Paul, really sorry to hear about your loss and as Lisa has said it must have made your condition so much worse, but :welcome: to the forum and hopefully we can give you some help and support
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum Paul :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum Paul :wave: :wave:

I'm sorry to hear you've had some special people called back to the angels :( :( :(

The changes you're experiencing with your FM may well be due to what you have/are going thru with the bereavement(s). Unfortunately FM has no consideration about where and when it will stir things up, and if anything it loves the times when we are feeling at our lowest and bleakest.

Hopefully now you've joined us, with the info and advice ad support there is on here, you'll start to find some glimmers of brightness in amongst it all. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Flash » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Paul, :welcome: to the forum, I hope you find it helpful. Sorry to hear about your loved ones, such a shame.

You are not alone when you are on here, there is always advise, support and some good laughs too. Take care. Hugs. X
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby gw8dnb » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:35 am

Thank you all for your welcome and support.

Could anyone suggest where I might look in the forum to find information on FM related conditions.

Thanks

Paul
My support is my little dog and 2 cats.
gw8dnb
UKFM Newbie

Postby Flash » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Paul, if you go on the index board and scroll down to 'Associated and other conditions' you might find what you are looking for. hope it helps.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby penfriend » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:04 pm

dearPaul, welcome to this forum and how I feel for you, now being unable to manage, and your bereavements would have aggravated all your condition. I see you live in south Wales. I live on the south coast. I have a dear Pastor friend living in Swansea. Hope you can find some help on here, and not feel so isolated. Love penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello