Hay all!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hay all!!

Postby rowie81 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi,

iam new on here after my GP suggested it. I was diagnoised in dec 2012 and to be honest iam not very happy about it (well you all know what i mean, who would be) and kind of stuggling with the fact that iam stuck like this.

I am a mother of 4 (9,8,3,2) and was once very active and happy go lucky. i have been suffering from the fibro symptomes on and off for the last 3 years and got fobbed of by the doctors so many times (cluster headachs, stress,panic attacks, motherhood tiredness, run down, your healthy maybe your just unfit, everyone gets generally achy as we get older!!!!). To be honest i told myself these things too and tried to carry on as normal

it wasnt untill one very nice and understanding GP stared at the practice and i had gotton so bad/so regulary my husband and mother started coming with me that anything was done.

i have had a degernerative spine for over 10 years and always coped well with that keeping my core strong and just grin and bearing it. my fibro symptoms used to come for a week or two then go away for a couple of mothes but it increaesed and increased steadily till june this year.

Since then it has been so bad i have given up uni,exersising (which was a reguler thing for me) and having to keep kid in childcare when husbands at work and now nealry house bound. my legs are so bad stairs are a nightmear and i have to drive my kids to school even though its only round the corner. iam drinking out of kids cups some days as a normal mug is to painful to hold.

Anyway enough of my moaning iam sure you get anough of yourselves to understand what its like. i was just hopeing that i might get some tips to help cope and get my head round the fact that iam stuck like this. and also anything you might know of to improve the severatiy of my symptoms??

Thanks all anyway...hope your all well/ not too bad
Rowie
xxx
rowie81
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hay all!!

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rowie :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jennib54 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 pm

:-) Hi' I know exactly where you're coming from(i'm new here to).
I was a very active lady until 1996 1 day had been to work(at my 3rd job) an 2 days later i couldn't even get out of bed, but had to force myself as had to take my son then aged 6 to school and explain to them that i would'nt be able to work at least that week. I was a dinner lady but also helped out in the afternoons baking going swimming and helping with their reading. I had to wait 3 days for gp app.Then it was spondylosis and arthritus but then developed FM too. Now doc thinks i've got MS on top. so you're not alone although it sometimes feels like it. fortunately i've got a brill OH and son.son has been my carer for the last 3 years(he gave up his apprenticeship to look after me. Now OH has retired its taken a load off our son and me.
:-) Take care
jennib54
jennib54
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rowie :wave: :wave: :wave:

When it comes to getting things under some sort of control, it can take a while to find that right recipe for you. As we are all affected so differently, and respond differently to meds, treatments etc,(what may help one may not do so for another :facepalm: :facepalm: ) it usually involves some trial and error to get there, with some time and perseverance tho, it is possible.

How you're feeling at the moment is how most of us have felt at some point along the way. We seem to pass thru several stages, quite often going back for revisits on our way to learning how to accept and live with the condition, it's part of the process as we often need to grieve for the life we had pre~FM before we can have rebuild our lives and ourselves with FM.

With what you've said about finding stairs a nightmare and using kids cups, it might be worth seeing if you could be referred to your area's Occupational Therapists. They may be able to help with some aids that could make things a little easier for you to manage. Referral process seem to vary by area, so asking your GP about it might be an idea, if they don't do the referrals they should at least be able to tell you what you need to do to get one.

Anything you're wondering about, all you need to do is ask. With the amount of info and advice there is across the boards, there's a good chance someone will have experienced something similar and may have some advice for you :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello