[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello everyone.

Hello everyone.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone.

Postby wilkoc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi,
I was diagnosed with FM in December and an still trying to get my head around it all.
I'm currently off work (I'm a teacher) with stress and have been having a bit of a horrible time with my symptoms especially keeping my mind focused. Mg

I'm lucky enough to have an extremely supportive husband and two really good kids, although my 19 month old daughter doesn't quite get that mummy's in agony and can't always get down on the floor and play.

That's about it I suppose.

So, hi everyone.
wilkoc
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone.

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:54 pm

:welcome: to our little fibro sanctuary wilkoc :wave: :wave:

There is a lot to get your head round when you're told you have FM, so try to give yourself some time and take things steadily, you will get there. It's not something that can be rushed unfortunately, if you try it will fight back and bite you in the bum :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Stress is one of FM's favourite things, the more you find yourself under, the more FM ramps things up. I know it's far easier said than done, having been on that particular ride far more times than I can remember, but if you can start finding some ways to help reduce levels, then hopefully you will also find that the symptoms that have been flaring up will start to ease back :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: There's lots of info and advice on here, so having a bit of a look and a read as you find your way around may bring up some helpful suggestions you could try.

Altho your little girlie doesn't understand what is wrong with you, she will probably know that mummy can sometimes do some things but at other times can't, so you could try and work with this so you can still have some suitable playtimes together, even on the extra hurty and rubbish days. This was what I used to do with my son as he was a toddler when things first started appearing for me. I'll save my wafflings about that for another time tho as I've probably done enough of them at you for now :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Anythng you want to know about, just ask. It doesn't usually take too long for replies to start appearing and there may even be some helpful ones for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby debanbob » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 am

Hiya I have just been diagnosed in last December so i know how you feel, welcome to this site, I found it very welcoming and supportive. specially realising your not alone as i did feel this way, Alos the GP'S not knowing what was wrong. Anyway treatment is a bit hit & miss at the mo. Keep in touch Debs x
debanbob
UKFM Newbie

Postby maria 66 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:10 am

hi, i'm a newbie, just got my diagnosis last week! like you am still trying to get my head around it. couldn't understand why i was always in so much pain :( still learning to cope day to day and recognise 'my bad days'
looking forward to talking to other sufferers and comparing notes lol xx
maria 66
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm

:welcome: to the forum wilkoc :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Wilkoc im new here to but there is a lot of usefull info to read through, many people with a great sense of humour (which we need on a bad day) and I am begining to understand my symptoms better.
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi wilkoc and Maria 66 :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wilkoc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 am

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! :-)
wilkoc
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello