[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby FinkyDink » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:58 am

Hi,

I was diagnosed in December with FM, after about 3 years of tiredness and joint problems. I can relate to the diagnosis but obviously I'm not pleased about it. I also have been diagnosed with menieres for about 2 years but the last doc was thinking maybe it's all to do with FM. who knows?!!

I've just been signed off work for a month due to depression, which after consultations with mental health nurses seems to becaused by the FM. I've been advised to reassess my future and career, but that's a whole other thread...

So, me. I live in norfolk with my husband, cat, chinchillas and my lovely retired greyhound. I love Motorsport and drive a Toyota mr2 in the Toyota Sprint Series. Well, that may need to be reassessed too :/

I love photography too, and am also getting into jewellery making. I start a course soon, when the teacher can get to college!!

I am currently a teacher, but also qualified in accountancy.

Hello :)
FinkyDink
UKFM Member

Re: Hello!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:31 pm

:welcome: to our little fibro sanctuary FinkyDink :wave: :wave: :wave:

There's lots of info and advice on here, so have a bit of a read when you get a chance, there may be some helpful bits in there for you :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was a tad green when I read about you racing in the Toyota Sprint Series, being another who loves the buzz and smell that comes with motorsport :f1-car: :f1-car: Sadly, I haven't been able to find out if I would have been a suitably competitive driver thanks to my licence being revoked due to the effects FM has on me :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Depression often comes hand~in~hand with FM and a fair number of us on also have it, so you're in good company :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Quite a lot of us are also owned by various animal friends :dogrun1: :cat2: What colours are your chinchillas?? I had a homozygous beige girlie and thought the world of her :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Being told you have FM takes everything you knew as life, screws it up and throws it about a bit, then just dumps you back on your head and leaves you to find out about things, so we all understand the kinds of things it will put you thru. Anything you're wondering about, all you need to do is ask, and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FinkyDink » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I might make you greener when I say I live 12 mins drive from Snetterton circuit :)

All my chinchillas are grey. In fact all my pets are grey, the cat is a Russian Blue and the dog is black with white flecks (and a GREYhound!!)

I've read a few bits of good advice. Also glad to see the sense of humour isn't affected by fibro :mrgreen:
FinkyDink
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum FinkyDink :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Hi Finkydink and :welcome: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello