[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Diagnosed after 3 years!!!

Diagnosed after 3 years!!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diagnosed after 3 years!!!

Postby jess0465093 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:31 pm

HiI have posted on this section before .... but I'm so happy .... I have finally been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I also have osteo arthritis and apparently this is amplified and made so much worse by having fybro!

I am really looking for advice on how to live and work and pain management etc.
The rheumatologist has told me not do do gym work but stretching and yoga because my muscles are in such a horrific state and because of my osteo.

I am currently a teacher and I have been off work since November and the rheumatologist has told me its going to take a LONG time to get better as I'm in such a mess. Prob gonna have to have both knees resurfaced because they are so bad.

I dont know what I am going to do about work, I have been going for nearly three years and I just collapsed in November because I was so bad and in such bad pain and fatigue.

I find my short term memory is really shot and doing menial tasks is really hard. I am scared for what this means with my job etc and what I am going to do with my life ... any help would be really useful about what people can manage etc. I am considering looking for office work as the stress and physical strain may be less ... any ideas of help would be really appreciated.

Thanks and love to you all ... its an awful condition and I feel for all of you that have it!
jess0465093
UKFM Newbie

Re: Diagnosed after 3 years!!!

Postby denys » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi Jess and :welcome: to the forum glad you have your diagnosis :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jess :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 am

So glad you seem so positive about it all . Some say a positive attitude can help you cope with the pain etc.

We all have plenty of queries and I think each day brings more as our condition changes . I have found if I have a query it usually helps to do a quick search using the search box in the top right hand corner of the forum page. That will then bring up all the postings using a particular word or phrase and you can then skim through them to see if any thread is useful to you .

I am at a cross roads about work , still on unpaid Sick leave but querying if I could go back any time soon or shoudl I retire, rest up for a while and then see what else is out there.

What ever you do I hope you keep the pain & fatigue at bay .
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby jess0465093 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks for your replies! My positive atitude really swings around! Lol!

I really dont know what will happen with work .... I have been 2 see occupational health and they have said I am unfit for work!

Its all just a shock, but reading about your experiences is helping me feel better!

Thanks again!
jess0465093
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello