Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Everyone

Postby jpandmd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone !! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jan and I live in Milton Keynes, married with 2 children and 3 grandchildren. I was diagnosed with FB in December last year after suffering for a year having blood test and seeing a Rheumatogolist they have come up with a dission that I have FB. My main problem for me is the Fatique I suffer so much with it, the mornings are the worse it takes me ages to get my act together ! some mornings it is an effort to get washed and dressed ! then by the afternoon I am able to do things. I am a dog groomer and I have cut my hours so I only work in the afternoons , I found that at xmas I was so busy that it completely wore me out and over xmas I could hardly do anything ( luckly we went to my daughters and no help needed from me )

I also suffer with Brain Fog quite badly I am really struggling with writing this ( so sorry if it's all over the place !! ) I also have really bad pains in my thighs and calfs in the mornings it is a real struggle to walk ! and in bed at night my legs will not stop moving I just can't get comfortable. I do have problems with sleeping main reason my Husband snoores so badly and he seems to get off to sleep in seconds which leaves me trying to sleep !! which is very difficult.

I found this site and I am hoping it will help to be able to speak to other suffer's because after suffering for over a year I am really not sure anyone beleives I have anything wrong ! and knowning other people are going through the same syptoms you some how don't feel you are on your own in this situation.

Thank you for reading this and looking forward to talking to you all !

Love Jan x x :-D
jpandmd
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby denys » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:18 pm

Hi Jan and :welcome: to the forum :wave: hopefully you will find some answers to any questions you may have within the boards but if not just post and someone will be along fairly quickly with some answers :-D :-D :-D :-D

There are quite a few members who seem to have problems with :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: husbands :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jpandmd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Thanks you Denys for welcoming me. Have you any answer's for SNOORING HUSBANDS ???? lol....All answer's will be welcomed !!! Jan :-D
jpandmd
UKFM Newbie

Postby penfriend » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm

dear Jan, yes I have an answer for snoring husbands - sleep in separate bedrooms! My husband and I had to do that back in 1994, and sad to say, have had to sleep apart ever since, but it cured the problem! seriously, we thought it was a wise move, as I was so very ill and his snoring was keeping me awake, and he said that he could not care for me unless he got his sleep. Not ideal for a happily married couple, but felt we had no choice really. love penfriend
penfriend
UKFM Member

Postby maxtomads » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:17 pm

I find sharp elbows helpful...

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
maxtomads
UKFM Member

Postby jpandmd » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Thank you all for your reply's. I am always elbowing him and telling him to turn round, I think the next step is snooring patches or cotton wool for my ears !! lol... We have a spare room and many a night I have been so close to going in there but never do.

I am on Amatripyline ( sorry about spelling ) I am on 25mg the Dr wanted to higher it but I am not to sure as I was on 75mg a few years ago because I suffer badly with headaches and miagraines. Are any of you on different medication ? Jan :lol:
jpandmd
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 pm

:welcome: to our snore~free fibro sanctuary Jan :wave: :wave:

I've been having trouble with my :snore1: :snore1: :snore1: :snore1: OH this week as well :shock: :crazy: :-x Don't know about the snoring patches, but the nose strips aren't always effective, nor are the rings and things that are supposed to press on the various accupressure points to stop it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: And unfortunately our spare room is full of stuff for his kit car that he keeps playing with, so no escape for me. Hopefully now his manflu is going I'll start to get a bit more than the 3hrs I've been managing to grab. You could try wearing earplugs, if you can get some that are able to block as many decibels as possible it might help with things.

Meds~wise, you'll find that we're each on our own cocktails, some of the ingredients are the same but quite often in different dosages. Amitriptyline is often one of the first meds tried after an FM dx has been given as it can help with the sleep and pain problems. Unfortunately there isn't one dosage that works for all, so a bit of tweaking of the amount taken is quite often necessary until you find what is right for you. How long have you been on your current dosage, as it can take about a month for its effects to be felt FM~wise. If you've been taking them longer than a month but not really feeling much benefit, it may be worth considering a bit of an increase to see if it helps.

There are numerous other meds that can be used in trying to manage FM, from painkiller~types to ones that work on more of a neurological level. This linky tells you about some of them, as well as other info about FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx These are what often make up the basis of our cocktails, with other bits added in along the way. Depending what you are currently taking, talking to your GP about other options that could be added to your particular recipe to try and help things might be something to consider along the way.

Anything you want to know about, have a look or ask a question. With the amount of info on here, there's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience and there may be some helpful advice for you.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jan :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello