[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from North London / Herts

Hello from North London / Herts

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from North London / Herts

Postby Trev73 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:09 am

Hello everyone, I am a 39 going on 89 year old single male living in North London. Thought I would join this forum as I feel I have nowhere left to turn. 
I had a L5/S1 spinal fusion operation a couple a years ago and have since been told I have Fibromyalgia, I thought I had Ankylosing Spondylosis initially due to being rh O negative and HLA B27+ (which 97% of A.S sufferers are). I find it hard to accept the diagnosis as I have not yet been tested for Multiple Sclerosis and fibro is supposed to be a diagnosis of exclusion.

I find myself having to virtually do battle with my GP to get her to do her job properly, the general attitude is here take your prescription and sod off out of sight. Currently I am on Pregabalin and told to take eight Tramadol a day for chronic pain, I try my best to avoid the Tramadol daily, without it I feel pretty much like a zombie and then every couple of days I take six Tramadol at once just so I can get a night sleep, so damn frightened of becoming addicted to it. Previously I had been prescribed a cocktail of Amitriptyline and Fluoxetine (Prozac), that I can only refer to as the lost period and would you belief it, it did absolutely nothing to help my symptoms.
In the great book of GPdom, chanting the mantra "stupification is better than cure" is probably far wider spread than we would like to believe, I never flew over the cuckoo's nest, purely because I struggle to get out of bed, or get to sleep once i'm in it.

Pregabalin has helped with the intense burning painful sensation I get in my knee, knuckle and finger joints though I cannot see how else it has helped.
Like quite a lot of other people here I am unable to work, I wish I could, been through the ATOS nightmare, won my first tribunal and currently awaiting the result from the great gods of ruin the DWP regarding my second ATOS "farcical", sorry medical.

Sorry if I sound like a right bloody rant merchant, really I haven't even scratched the surface yet, regarding NHS and Government incompetence. Anyone watch Panorama, the disability scam just now?
Anyway it would be nice to hear from folk in the same boat, perhaps together we can make it float as currently I am sinking pretty fast.
Trev73
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from North London / Herts

Postby denys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:47 am

Hi Trev sorry to hear you have fibro but :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Trev73 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Hello Denys, thank you.
Trev73
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum Trev. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello