Hello /Help/Support group /advice

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello /Help/Support group /advice

Postby Tigger10 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Hello fellow Fibro brothers and Sisters.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in May 2012 and have claimed ESA since April. I also have spinal nerve compression in my neck, osteoarthritis, depression and Type 1 diabetes. I finally had a DWP medical on Sunday 23rd December ! I have received a letter of doom being placed in the work capability group and have an appt on the 8th Feb. I have only had £71 a week since April and understand that I was entitled to up to £95 a week. I spoke with someone from DWP and asked if I would receive arrears she said nothing was showing up on my file ,she would send a query and I would receive a call! (48 hours later still nothing). I would like to ask for reconsideration/ Appeal . Circumstances have changed since my Medical assess and I am to start counselling for my depression afterseeing another GP who is much more understanding ( A lady !) Anyone offer any advice I live near Bannbury Oxon and had a very bad experience at CAB. :-?
Tigger10
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello /Help/Support group /advice

Postby denys » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Hi Tigger and :welcome: to the forum :wave: sorry to hear you had a bad experience of CAB, have you tried the welfare rights people :?: :?: :?: :?: Go for the reconsideration/appeal its worth a go and phone the DWP back again, sometimes you just have to keep pushing till you get an answer.

:fingerscrossed: for your counselling, I found it helpful :-) :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Re: Hello /Help/Support group /advice

Postby shazq » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tigger :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello