[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newly diagnosed

Newly diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed

Postby Rachellou » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi all
I've just been confirmed as having this condition yesterday and I am struggling with coming to terms with it any advice will be appreciated

Rachel
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Re: Newly diagnosed

Postby csangel » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am

Hello Rachel

:welcome:

I'm not sure if anyone truely comes to terms with a long term illness like FM, but there are plenty of friendly people on this site that are willing to try and answer any queries you might have!

The best advice I've been given is to take each day as it comes. Pacing ourselves is an important skill to learn - it's all about listening to your body and knowing what you can/can't do.

Try using the search box to have a look around the forum and ifyou have any specific queries there's always someone around to help!

Lucy.
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:42 am

:welcome: to the family Rachel :wave: :wave: :wave:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so having a bit of a look and a read as you find your way around might be something to do. As well as tips and suggestions, with you being so very recently dx'd, you may find some answers to questions you have whirling around your head.

As Lucy has said, taking each day as it comes is quite often how we deal with things. Learning to listen to your body is also important, esp when it comes to finding what your capabilities are as you try to find your right level of pacing.

Anything you're wondering about, just post and someone will :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply for you :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rachel :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Rachellou » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your kind replies,

I haven't given alot of information about myself, at the time I wrote the post I was still upset, I had been in this pain and discomfort since I was 10 years old so that will be over 15 years and everytime I had gone back to the doctors all they did were blood test and painkillers I was even told that I was depressed I never took any any anti depressents because I refused to believe it,
I have loads of questions like does certain foods cause the pain to be worse, I was tild that exercise can help but just walking about the house can be painful is there anything I can do or any help

Rach
Rachellou
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello