New to the forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to the forum

Postby PiperRaymond » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 am

Hi my name is Piperraymond, 58 years young, am a newbie, however, I have had a lot of surgery over the years partial gastrectomy, then my gall bladder removed. I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis which eventually went away or into remission. For the past 5 years I have had various test, xrays. With no diagnosis other than my ham strings were tight.(I am good at jokes as well) After my doc sent me to another hospital for a second opinion I have been diagnosed with Fibro. I could not believe the similarities with all the pain areas, lack of sleep, waking up with severe chest and back pains, my neck and shoulders also, severe headaches not forgetting the fatigue. I can now put a handle on my condition and try to reorganise my life to try and it will be trying to move on. Forum is good with plenty of info.
Thanks for being here for a newbie.
PiperRaymond
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to the forum

Postby denys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:53 am

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: I think it helps to be given a name for what is wrong and also people are becoming more aware of the condition (maybe slowly but I do believe we will get there) If you have any questions please just ask and we will do our best to help :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum Piper :wave:

We have lots of help and support on here, so any questions just shout :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby PiperRaymond » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks for your reply and warm welcome. Question I have does the pain that goes round your chest stomach area ever get any better, wakes me up after only a few hours sleep that's when and if I get to sleep.
PiperRaymond
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:52 pm

Hi

Have you seen your gp about it Piper? just in case its not fibro related? It might be acid reflux or indigestion? its always best to see your gp if its new pain to you. :goodluck1:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pinkprincess205 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Welcome piper x
Pinkprincess205
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to our FibroFamily PiperRaymond :wave: :wave:

Lots of helpful info and advice on here, hopefully there will be some useful bits that will help you with your reorganisation of things.

Depending on the cause of the pain you have around your chest and stomach areas, there may be things that can help ease, control it. As Shaz has said tho, a trip to see your GP might be necessary to fin out what is causing it and what treatment is needed to help improve things.

Just ask if there's anything you're wondering about and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby PiperRaymond » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:55 pm

Hi all, yes been to gp and confirmed its Fibro related, have to use pills for my stomach, been a bad week for fatigue and concentration, work guys are great they look after me. Piper.
PiperRaymond
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello