Hi everybody...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everybody...

Postby Debbie89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 am

...well after telling my doctor last year (after consulting with a doctor in alternative medicine) that I believed that I have fibromyalgia and got a strict no and almost laughed out of the room I was close to giving up!
I knew something was the matter and the worst part was my constant fatigue and pain was starting to affect my 3 year old :(
I went to a different doctor and she said 'don't worry you aren't crazy, we will get to the root of the problem' I have never been more grateful to that woman!
Yesterday I visited a rheumatologist and it's now confirmed that I have FM...relief that it's not all in my head to say the least and at least we are on the right path to managing it....
Start of another bout last night after so much stress so lets hope things only get better from here on in!
Anyway that's me, looking forward to talking with you
Debbie
Debbie89
UKFM Member

Re: Hi everybody...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:12 am

:welcome: to our little fibro sanctuary Debbie :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Glad you've finally got a name to call all your various symptoms and problems :clap: :clap: :clap: Unfortunately there are still too many doctors that don't believe in FM, altho their numbers are slowly dwindling.

There is lots of advice on here that you may find helpful so have a bit of a read as you find your way around the boards. There is plenty of support for those times when you need a bit extra, as well as a bit of light relief to help ease how intense things can get :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Hi Debbie and :welcome: to the forum :wave: hope we can offer you some support and comfort when you need it :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Debbie89 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:58 pm

Thank you :D I've already found comfort here just knowing I'm talking to people who understand and that I'm not banging my head against a brick wall.
I have spent so long being labelled as lazy, a drama queen, a hypochondriac because people haven't understood that the symptoms for me are very real and very distressing (I'm not a crier yet I've had a good blub many a time through sheer stress of not knowing what is wrong or why people won't listen or understand)
Even just having a name to put to it and a leaflet to say look I'm not crazy, this is what it is and those symptoms are just a small fraction of what I have to deal with has made me stronger and more determined that I cope and enjoy every good day I have
Debbie89
UKFM Member

Postby fatanne1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:45 pm

welcome Debbie, and ive heard all those names too, makes you want to scream. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :crazy:
fatanne1
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:20 am

hi
welcome to the wonderful world of fibro :yikes:

i think every one of us has had all the horrible words thrown at us :(
don't let them get you down, stay strong :-D

we all understand on here
welcome to the forum :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby crystalkaz » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:59 am

Hello Debbie :welcome: glad you found the forum.
You will find lots of support here. :hugs:
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum Debbie :wave:

You wont have to feel along on here, we have lots of help and support, just shout if you need anything :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello