Just Saying Hello from a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just Saying Hello from a newbie

Postby DOLCEjubilo12 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:43 am

Hello all, just saying hi. I am new here. But I have had fibro for many years. First diagnosed in 2001, it seems like a lifetime ago now. Sometimes it gets easier with having it all this time, but it always comes back with a vengeance to bite back. I have Ibs with this condition, along with dry eyes and weak tendons. The last few years, I have had both carpals operated on in my left and right wrists, one of my fingers was pinned at the beginning of last year, due to the tendon snapping and causing a mallet finger. Also I have been told that a few of my other fingers have developed a swan neck like deformity. Great!! I remember replying....deranged, demented and now deformed, oh what joy. lol. Muscle spasms are a problem for me. There always seems to be something to be dealing with and the symptoms change all the time. A life long friend indeed. Some days I hate this as it has changed my life so much, but I plod on as we all do and try and make the best of it.

Take care and look forward to chatting to you all

xxx
DOLCEjubilo12
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just Saying Hello from a newbie

Postby LouLou » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 am

Hi Dolce :welcome:

Wow it sounds like you have been through a lot. I was diagnosed last October but have had FM for about 2 years now. I also have IBS and I find when my FM is bad my IBS kicks off too.

Welcome to the forum, it's by far the best one for FM. It's quite a big stite with loads of sections so take your time, have a look around and look forward to chatting with you.
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:23 am

:welcome: to our fibro home for the deranged and demented :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Sometimes being deranged and demented is the best way to get thru a fibro~fuelled day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so have a bit of a look and a read as you get your bearings, there may even be some useful bits for you in amongst it al :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:31 pm

:welcome: to the forum Dolce :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello