First post ever!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

First post ever!

Postby rachie611 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Hi guys..

I'm new to this forum but not to Fibromyalgia! I'm 22 and have been suffering for about 5 years now. I FINALLY got a diagnosis just before Christmas! I'm still waiting to sort out treatment with my doctor. I have a few questions about the whole thing!!

1. What is everyone's take on the medication? What seems to work and what doesn't?
2. It sounds petty but I have trouble with my weight and I am worried this is going to make things worse! Is any of the medication side effects weight gain?
3. How does everyone else cope with exercise? I have been told it helps but I'm finding it zaps my energy more so than normal!

I have loads of other questions but I thought I would start with these :)

I appreciate everyones suggestions and opinions so feel free to comments :)

Thanks!!!!! xxxx
rachie611
UKFM Member

Re: First post ever!

Postby paulamcl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:31 pm

hi rachie611 im also new to this sight but do find it useful. i was just dx in nov2012 with fm after suffering for a year due to a car accident. im on pregabalin and co-dydramol. no side effects with either, weight gain was one of my worries to but its different for everyone. its all trial and error unfortunatley. exercise does help but light exercise like 20min pilates. i luv the gym but if i go and have a good workout thats me for the rest of the week. i hope this helps, any other questions you have just fire away xxx
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 am

Exercise wise I try to do 2 20 minute walks a day (trying to learn to pace myself) :lol: but miss one out if done things in house.
Medication wise I am on amitryptline, duloxitine, gabapentine which GP is slowly increasing, paracetamol and ibuprofen and am still sore. I live in hope :lol: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby rachie611 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for responding guys!

I am still waiting for an appointment to see a doctor about finally getting on some medication! My GP Surgery is the kind that will just throw medication at you and hope you will go away so any information on what you're taking is helpful!!

I try to go to the gym three times a week but this week it has really knocked me for six!! Today I can hardly move and my legs seem to be holding a lot of fluid! I hope this is just a bad week and the gym is sometimes the only thing that can help!!

xxx
rachie611
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:49 pm

Rachie :welcome: to the forum :wave: I have deleted one of your posts and moved this one into here as people had already responded to it, please dont post the same thing on different boards as it leads to confusion not that it takes a lot for people with FM to become confused :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Medication is trial and error and what works for one doesnt necessarily work for another so I'm afraid its something you need to sort out with your GP but if you read through some of the posts you wil get a few ideas of what people are on as maybe a starting point.

Weight is an issue for a lot of us due to a number of things from taking weight gaining meds, comfort eating and being less active

Exercise again is one of those one size does not fit all, whatever you do start with baby steps build things up very very slowly and never push too hard
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rachie :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello