Hi, new to the site but not to fibro

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, new to the site but not to fibro

Postby loubylou17 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi, as the title says I am new to the forum I was dx with fibro in 2005, when I had my first severe flare up I then have gone through various stages with it over the last few years but am currently having a bad time with it. My GP has just referred me to physio for graded exercise and hydrotherapy. I have taken amitriptaline, gabapentin and pregabalin but side effects outweighed any benefits. I can't take tramadol or nsaids due to allergy and will not take codiene due to risk of medication overuse headache (I have severe headaches already) so I just suffer the pain.

I am 37 but feel 107, I have a very complex medical history resulting in severe depression. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and picking up tips to cope better with my fibromyalgia. Sorry for the ramble.
loubylou17
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, new to the site but not to fibro

Postby Iceskatemum » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:57 am

Hi there and welcome . I hope you get something out of the site , I have and that is the virtual friendship of some amazing folk who repeatedly give you ideas & encouragement to pick yourself up and keep going down the horrible path we now find ourselves on.
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Re: Hi, new to the site but not to fibro

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum Loubylou :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello