Hi, I am new and unsure

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, I am new and unsure

Postby teclem » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 am

Ok, so I see everyone else has posted here and not in the main thread so here goes, strangers of the interwebz:

Hi, I just joined. My name is Eddie. It isnt actually Eddie, but bizarrely thats what a lot of people call me. After some recent exploration of FM and these posts, I suspect I am one of the youngest here and in a minority of guys. I am 22 and a Town Planning student in Liverpool and a guitarist in a rising local band.

I have yet to be officially diagnosed with FM but my doctor has told me it is most likely as the only test Im waiting on was clear when last done about a year ago. However, I have been suffering from what I believe to be FM for a number of years now. That is - Iv had aches/pains/burning and weakness in every muscle in my body, I suffer from ridiculously abnormal amounts of never ending fatigue and I find myself almost disassociated from reality reguarly. I always thought I just had some weakness, but when i finally mentioned it to the doctor and its suddenly this thing with this name it all seems really odd and distressing..

I guess Im here to try to learn more about coping and treating my suspected FM and meet like minded people who understand it all.
Im in a massive hole regards my university studies because of how i feel and often cant cope. I have also struggled with depression and feeling in both constant, daily, physical and emotional pain, life seems fairly bleak indeed, especially since nobody in my department is apparently interested in any medical problem that has no physical signs or gushing blood - and I havent even dropped this bombshell on them yet.

Hoping this a useful retreat for information and support. Cheers for reading, sorry for the excessive pessimism, I will try to round this off with a cheerfull smiley to make up for it :mrgreen:
teclem
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi, I am new and unsure

Postby csangel » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 am

Hi Eddie

:welcome:

You'll find a whole mixture of ages here - I'm 24 myself and have found a lot of useful information on here to try and detangle my fuzzy head! Have a nosey around and don't worry about ranting or asking silly questions - everyone is in the same boat here and there's normally someone about who has been there and done that! :crazy:

Lucy.
Health is not valued until sickness comes. ~Thomas Fuller
csangel
UKFM Member

Hi, I am new and unsure

Postby Morgana » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Hi Eddie; it is very daunting when you first hear about Fibro... your mind starts conjuring up all these scenarios and you wonder if your life is ever going to be the same again...

Fibro can be a struggle; but there are still good days, fun days, and days when life doesn't appear as bleak. You will find lots of advice here; ears to listen, shoulders to cry on, and friendship from like minded souls... we are all here to help and support you and each other...

Welcome to the board

Mo x
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum Eddie

:fingerscrossed: you get the answers soon so you can get some meds sorted out.

Once you have the diagnoses you should mention it to the disability adviser at your uni (fibro come under the disability act) explain to them that you have fibro and they should allow you some extra time if you are having flares.

One way to help tell you friends/family about fibro is to print some info off and ask them to read it, it will save you having to keep explaining it to everyone. We have some good info on the forum.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi Eddie :welcome: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum Eddie :wave: :wave: :wave:

Whilst you're waiting to get a confirmed dx have a bit of a look and a read around. With all the info and advice on here, you may come across some useful suggestions to make things a little more comfortable for yourself.

We have quite a few members in your age group on here, there are a few male FMers as well, so you're not alone :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anything you're wondering about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kazak » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:37 pm

hi
eddie i'm new on here 2, but not new 2 pain, fatigue, brain fog ect, however only bin dx since 31st dec 2012. there is alot of info on here and alot of people who let off steam and generally have a moan, but we do this on here cos we no no-one is rollin their eyes or huffin and puffin at us we no that whoever reads our posts understand how ur feelin so go 4 it. :crazy:
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby GeeJay » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi Eddie :wave:

:welcome:
GeeJay
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello