Hello! Hoping to be able to talk about this to others!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Hello! Hoping to be able to talk about this to others!

Postby ruthyrich » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Hello everyone my name is Ruth and I am new to the site, I have had fibromyalgia for a few years but only got a firm date a few months ago, I do empathise with everyone who finds it hard to discuss with family and friends as to them we all look okay but really don't feel it! :( :( I am also hoping to be able to chat with you all and get some advice on coping with this horrible and painful condition. I although my lovely husband Nicky is supportive, and does help me I can't expect him to understand how it feels.
ruthyrich
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:14 pm

:welcome: to the forum Ruth :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby JessL » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:48 pm

maxtomads wrote:I have 2 horses, one of them a 17'3 shire cross, the other a 16hh cob. We're on the edge of the peak district so the riding is amazing. My shire-x is a real gentle giant, and as bomb proof as they come - I could ride him down the hard shoulder of the M1 & he wouldn't turn a hair. I've not been able to ride for over a year now (used to do 100mls a week on him without any problems on endurance rides and in the hills). I still go up every day though. They live out from mid march to december (depending on weather) and I love going sitting on the hill with them. I used to walk up with the dogs (it's an 11 acre hillside field) and just sit & chill out even in the rain while the horses grazed around me, and the dogs sniffed out rabbits & all sorts of things. These days I drive up in my landy as I can't manage the walk. I don't know what I'd do without the dogs or horses - they're the only things that keep me sane in a life that's gone haywire

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Wow,a shire cross! I would love a gentle giant :-D I confess I saw an advert for a 16.2hh French Ardenne a couple of weeks ago and was immediately taken by him but unfortunately he had sold before I got the chance to make the trip to go see him. Probably for the best really, but I was quite disappointed!

Horses and dogs have such a presence and really make a difference I think. If nothing else they give you a reason to get out and enjoy being outside - like you I love just going and spending time with them whether that is sat in the field or in the stables with them after shutting them in for dinner in winter. I also find that spending time with them really helps to clear my head and think things through - not sure if that is the same with you.
JessL
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello