[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Frustrated

Frustrated

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Frustrated

Postby bellydancer » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi,

I am new to the forum and was diagnosed with FM last November, although I have had symptoms for most of my life. I am getting really frustrated as it seems to take me ages to do things these days when I used to be able to do everything so quickly. I am trying to pace myself but it is not so easy. It take me most of the morning to wake up and then by evening time I am really sleepy. I work part time in the afternoons 4 days a week and run a pet sitting business from home ( only very small well behaved dogs). I am on amitripiline in the evening, gabapentin 3 times a day, paracetamol in the evening and as required and ibugel for swollen knees. I have been told my joints are slightly too mobile so am more prone to injury and a the moment have got swollen knees and a very sore rib cage. I also find going to the supermarket exhausting and struggle to walk around and do the shopping.

Has anyone got any advice of what helps them?
bellydancer
UKFM Newbie

Re: Frustrated

Postby kazak » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:39 pm

hi bellydancer,
i to have only been on here for a short while but have suffered with fm for a round 9yrs. i no how frustrating it is when it takes forever to get anything done. it took me a long time to pace myself with housework(the thourght of doing housework everyday, even if it was only alittle was not a happy thourght) but pacing myself where outings with my hubby and son not so easy as i don't want to let them down. i have found coming on here and reading other fm sufferers stories and issues as well as solutions to be very theraputic. hope you do too
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby paulamcl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 pm

hi belly dancer u sound exactley like me. i was dx last november to and find it very frustrating. ive not quite mastered the whole pacing myself thing yet because the minuet i have a good day i get carried away with myself. im on pregabalin amitripyline co-dydramol and have various gels and creams for my knees. im trying alternative therapies alongside my meds. so far reiki and wearing different crystals seem to help. sounds hippish but whatever helps. also surrounding your self with positive things and people help. early nights and light exercise. i hope this helps. oh and a good moan on your crap days on here so you dont feel like your moaning to family and friends constantly :lol: x
paulamcl
UKFM Member

Postby blueeyes64 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:20 am

Hi, I was just posting about hypermobility (lax joints ) in another post.It seems this can bring on fibro.
I have had a lot of troubke with my knees too, bad bursitis in one which had to be operated on a couple of years ago.I have been to a chiro as my back got really bad but the symptoms always seem to return.I agree about trying to stay positive and upbeat, but its hard sometimes when everything you do hurts ! I have to pace myself these days too.
I do find that a gentle walk with the dog helps even though its uncomfortable a lot of the time, fresh air and walking seems to ease the stiffness a little.
Sometimes that's the worst bit for me, the constant stiff neck, shoulders and back and the fact that you can't get comfortable.
I get painful feet too, I have flat feet and was fitted for orthotic shoe inserts, but not sure they do a lot tbh !
Might try the Tiger balm though :-)
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:29 am

Hi Bellydancer

Welcome to the forum. There is a section on here called Tips/Help with Coping which should have lots of helpful tips that others have found works for them.

I too find that it takes me longer to do everything these days. But I also find that if I rush myself then it causes me more pain and I get frustrated with myself. So now I have kind of accepted that and just take my time in getting things done. I still get frustrated but I have to listen to my body and only do what it lets me do.

I find that warm baths help me with the pain, as do hot water bottles/micro wheatie bag things (sorry can't think of the name lol) Also try and keep warm in this cold weather as the cold can make your FM symptoms worse! I also use a foot spa which helps the pain I get in my feet.

Like blueeyes I find a gentle stroll helps wake me up and loosens the joints and it's the only kind of exercise I can do at the moment.

Hope that helps
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:29 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum bellydancer :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby bellydancer » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Thank you all for your lovely messages, its nice to know I am not mad and alone. I have not replied sooner as I have caught a horrid cold.
The physio has reffered me to have some hydrotherapy sessions to improve my muscle strength. :-)

Gentle hugs to you all
bellydancer
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello