[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Finally joined you !

Finally joined you !

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Finally joined you !

Postby Sleepy@130 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:22 am

Hi ,finally joined after months of reading everyone's posts and being too chicken to join in.Anyway joined last night in the early hours,when yet again sleep was not happening.
Like so many with FM over the years with family,work I have been busy busy busy :-D
Poor old body doesn't seem so keen these days to put in the hours.
I have four grown up children ,all still at home,one with Aspergers.
We have chickens,two dogs,cat and two guinea pigs,also love to bake as boys are coeliacs and diary free.
I should be returning to work today,however,my brother passed away a month ago (suicide) and have to say,with everything this involves,the grieving and unanswered questions,along with living with FM ,the thought of going back to work after the half term has left me very shaky.never thought of myself as a shaky sort but this week has been bad :yikes:
I have a wonderful Doc,back there this morning.
I think I am now at the point having worked all my life,50 this year,when I think I am ready to pack it in,give my body so TLC and live a different life.
After losing my brother,suddenly there seems so much more to do than work,can't work and play with FM,has to be one or other,for me.
Anyway glad I was bold enough to join last night and hoping to make new friends,who can share in the ups and downs of life with jolly old FM :-D :-) :-D
Anyone in East Sussex out there?
Feel abit lonely in this neck of the woods as do not know anyone locally with FM
LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU
Sleepy@130
Sleepy@130
UKFM Newbie

Re: Finally joined you !

Postby Iceskatemum » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Sleepy , am so sorry to hear about you brothers passing ,to loose a sibling is very hard ( lost a brother in my teens) so can almost empathise with what your going through, just remember Its early days in the grieving process and your body is still processing things including the manner in the way he passed.

I hope having gone to see the GP they have seen sense and given you a not fit for work note, you sound as if you need some extra time away from the hustle & bustle of the daily grind. Try to use the time to replenish your body , take some me time, sleep if necessary, or try some meditation or even some breathing exercise. I have only started these recentlly and yet they do seem to give you an inner peave & contentment.

unlike you I don't have the range of animals running around but I do have a young adult son with Asperger traits and all of my children have followed a dairy fre diet up to thier early teens.

With all that in common I'm sorry to say not in the East Sussex area.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon, on other posts.

ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:43 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I'm sorry to hear about your brother going back to the angels, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, hopefully there will be some useful bits in amongst it all. There's also plenty of support for those times when you find yourself :needhug: :needhug: :needhug: We also do quite a good line in light relief as well :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Hope your appt with your GP has gone well :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :wave: :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:49 pm

:welcome: to the forum sleepy :wave:

Sorry to hear about your brother, i know what you are going through as i also lost my brother the same way 5 months ago. :hugs:

Its great that you plucked up the courage to join us, we dont bite :lol: :lol: we are a friendly bunch which hopefully you have already found out by reading through the forum. :lol:

Have a look on the support groups thread to see if there is a local group in your area. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sleepy@130 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Quick update :-D
Doc signed me off,as not in the right place to be making decisions and FM def worse since losing my brother.Feel mentally better just for having that decision removed,some days can barely remember my own children's names :shock:
Hope tonight is not as long as last nights,poor OH nights are better when poor things away,as at least I can put the light on and shuffle around to get comfy,feel guilty when he is here as he works such long hours.
Thinking of getting one of those moley head torches,so that I can read during the night.
So glad I joined as now I know that there others out there doing the long night,trying to get comfy,thing! :sleep:
Sleep well all xxxx
Sleepy@130
UKFM Newbie

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:25 pm

I have just read your post,sorry aswell 2 hear about your brother,this forum will help you sleepy lots of support :hugs: xox
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 pm

Hey Sleepy@130 xx

Sorry to read about your brother :hugs: :hugs:

I'm glad you had the courage to join and post. I was like you with my first forum which is a dog forum, I never dared to post, then one day plucked up the courage to join in. That helped me to join in here, and here is such a nice place to be :-D

Just an observation re the reading during the night and the light bothering your other half, get yourself a kindle as they have a built-in backlight and it doesnt bother other people.

Take good care xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello