[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello Everyone x

Hello Everyone x

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Everyone x

Postby Angelus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Hello there, this is my first post on here after getting a diagnosis at long last. Im 34 and already have a host of medical conditions including diabetes, pcos and high blood pressure. For years I have been suffering from Fibromyalgia symptoms but blamed it all on my other conditions. After having my arm swell up massively and my fingers go numb, I marched myself off to the doctors for them to begin a host of tests. After a few months of scans, bloods and appointments, I can now officially say I have Fibromyalgia. I really hope that by joining this forum I will get to make some new friends and find some support on those darkest of days where it all becomes too much.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Angelus
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello Everyone x

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:11 pm

:welcome: to the froum angelus :cow-wave:

We have lots of info and support on here plus a fun board so you wont feel alone on here, we are all very friendly and everyone is willing to help where we can.

Any questions just ask. :wave: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum hope we can offer you the support you need :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby hooplykim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Hello angelus, and welcome. I just joined yesterday for the very same reasons , I too am 34 and waited ages for a diagnosis so I am still trying to find the right medication, but finding a place like this really helps because to chat with other people who feel exactly as we do is great

Have look around and enjoy!
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby Angelus » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Aww thank you for such a warm welcome. It's great to know there are other people of the same age with this condition as the majority of the pamphlets and people I have encountered are much older than me and to be honest I felt a little lonely ha ha :crazy: xx
Angelus
UKFM Newbie

Postby hooplykim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:26 pm

It surprised me to find the wide range of people with this condition. We all feel lonely when it's so hard to explain to those around us how we feel, but on here everyone knows exactly how you feel and some of the posts you read will be very inspiring!
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:10 am

:welcome: to the forum Angelus :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as understanding and support and a little light relief to help get you thru the day :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Altho the leaflets tend to suggest that FM affects those in older age groups, in reality FM doesn't care what age we are :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: When it decides you're going to be part of the club, that's it, you're thrown in :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello