Hello everyone! Finally coaxed my fibro brain to join!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone! Finally coaxed my fibro brain to join!

Postby hooplykim » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Hello everyone I thought it was about time I joined to have an opportunity to talk with others who are experiencing this horrible condition. I was diagnosed in September last year after many tests. I had initially hurt my shoulder while at work and then it seemed everything started hurting and everything went rapidly downhill, I am still trying to find the right medication as nothing seems to be making much difference to the pain. Luckily I have found a really lovely GP but I've had my fair share of dismissive and unhelpful ones. Like everyone else the worst thing has been the change to my life, I was so active before I went to the gym most days and did yoga and worked 2 jobs, one of which was my dream job of being a tattooist after years of practising, these days I can hardly hold a pen let alone a tattoo gun. I will be honest and say I was very bitter at the start, the usual questions of why me? I never realised the full extent of symptoms until recently,, I am in between medications, my GP has advised me to be off tablets for a few weeks before I start new ones so I've been struggling a bit. I've found that laughter can sometimes help a wee bit, especially when I found the fibro fog has taken me to a room and I forget why I'm there, or I forget what I'm saying mid sentence, oh yes it can be annoying but rather than cry (which we all feel like doing I suppose) I just try and laugh it off as best I can. I am hoping to hear from others about what treatments have worked for yourselves? I am just about to try nortryptiline, fingers crossed that works a bit. Gentle hugs to you all.
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone! Finally coaxed my fibro brain to join!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:09 am

:welcome: to the forum hooplykim :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as support and understanding and we try to bring a little light relief as well to help get thru the FM~filled days.

What you have experienced thanks to FM is similar to what lots of us have had happen, so you're in good company:bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: How you felt at the beginning is another thing we have shared, and seems to be part of the process we have to go thru as we find how best we can live this changed life we now have.

Anything you're wondering about, just ask away. It doesn't usually take too log for someone to :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: along with a reply :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby hooplykim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:23 am

thankyou fluppypuffy, it really is nice to be in a place with so many people who are all going through the same thing, its a place where we don't have to grin and bear it for the sake of others eh. and if we can all find a bit of humour all the better. i am noticing most people have pictures of their animals, or furry family members as i like to call them, i too have my cat Patrick who really helps me through the bad days and always loves me regardless and i suppose its the same for everyone!
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby moomoos » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:53 am

Hiya Hooplykim,

Patrick is a great name for a cat, I love it :-)

Hope you enjoy being on the forum, I love it here. So many lovely people on here.

Take care xx
moomoos
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:11 am

Hi

:welcome: to this friendly helpful site!!! Maybe Patrick would like to join our pet forum its a lighthearted area where all our pets have a chat, its fun and really makes me laugh with some of the things that are said on there!!!

Milly :-D xxx
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby hooplykim » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 pm

moomoos and millymoodoo i have added a picture of my lovely cat Patrick, so on your advice i think he will need to go along to the pet section and introduce himself! thankyou for the lovely welcome as well from everyone it seems to be one place where everyone can just be themselves, it has been such a hard year or so but just since yesterday reading some posts and receiving welcomes has already been inspiring and a greta help!
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm

:welcome: to the forum hooplykim :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Crazyfi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi I'm new too , just wanted to say I love your " positive" signature :-D
Dance ilke nobodies watching, love like you've never been hurt, sing like nobodies listening, live like it's heaven on earth...
Crazyfi
UKFM Member

Postby hooplykim » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:27 pm

hi crazyfi, thankyou, yours is good too! i can not believe i never found this forum sooner but better late than never for us eh!

take carex
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello