Hi everyone..new to this site

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone..new to this site

Postby Diane64 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi there,
New to this site and not sure where to begin..i was diagnosed with fibro 4 weeks ago although have had alot of my symptoms for over a year. After going with numerous things and blood tests which were normal i made a list for the Doctor as i was making the connection they were not..initially one doctor put it down to stress and then post traumatic stress but i refused to take the medication prescribed and went to a newer younger doctor and requested a referral to rhumatology, a week later i got a call to go to the surgery as the consultant at rhumatology didnt even want to see me but happy enough with how i was presenting with ailments to make a dianosis of fibro...so im on a cocktail of gabapentin, setraline, high blood pressure meds (i forget what they are) and vitamin D..
Im nearly 49, work full time and go to high impact training classes as well as bokwa 4 times a week, i have been doing these classes for years and as well as doing a couple of legs/bums and tums classes, however i had to give up the latter classes as it was taking too long to recover from these and if missed a few then it was like starting at the beginning again..I asked the doctor if i am doing myself no favours in continuing with the high impact classes as the pains and stiffness are crap, but he said to continue them cause if i give them up i would more likely see a negative effect in everyday things that i can still manage.

What i would like to ask you all is will it get to the stage where i can no longer work or do the excercises that i do due to the fibro? will it become more degenarative (sorry if this is not the right wording)? if i take the right meds could it stop it from progressing? or is everyone completely different? im so sorry if im sounding so niave to this illness, but have so many questions that i think by joining here i might find others stories of how they cope of benefit. :-D

Thanks in advance Di.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Re: Hi everyone..new to this site

Postby hooplykim » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:15 am

Hi Diane and welcome

It's not naive asking about how FMS will affect you, I have learned that it affects everyone differently, myself personally I was very active, 2 jobs, gym, yoga and kickboxing and now I can't do any at all, but I've not found the right medication who knows you might get lucky and find good meds right away and not have to change too much. You might finds the tiredness slows you down a lot it seems to with most.

But whatever happens or however your FMS progresses there are such lovely people on here that not only support and give advice but have all been there and still are.

Good luck anyway and gentle hugs
X
Fibromyalgia is not who we are, Just something we have.
hooplykim
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:23 am

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Di :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

It's not easy to say what the future will hold for you FM~wise I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: It's not because the crystal ball has gone cloudy, but because no~one knows what will happen due to the vague and unpredictable nature of the condition :shock: :shock: :shock: You may find things change for you, you may find they stay the same, that's why you'll often see the suggestion about taking things just as they come or on a day~by~day basis on here :-? :-? :-? We are all different when it comes to FM, from how we are affected to the meds that we take :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

There is lots of info and advice on here, so hopefully you'll find some of it beneficial/helpful as you work out how best to live your new life. Just ask about anything you're wondering about, and don't worry about sounding naive or anything. If we can help you with it, we will. And if we can't help, well there's always........................................... [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] and :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Diane64 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Hiya..thank you for the replies, I suppose I know that everyone is different as is how I feel on a day to day basis..just going to keep at it and be as positive as I can.
The doctor asked me on Tuesday if I feel any better since started my meds a month ago, I said I just felt the same as before I took them, he said well I think you have improved cause you were so grumpy the last time I saw you, and the time before that, and the time before that too!!!!hahaha... :lol: x
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Diane and :welcome: to the forum :wave: hopefully we can offer you the help and support you need
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Diane64 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:11 am

Thank you all for such a lovely welcome..x :-D
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum Diane :cow-wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello