Hello to everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello to everyone

Postby julesleics » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi I am new to the site although I have looked as a guest I have now joined.

My GP recommended it to me and said it could well help to know that there are a lot of people like myself suffering and I am not alone.

I have had fibromyalgia along with other problems for a number of years now, it took a long while to get a diagnosisi and I thought at times I was going mad. It was a relief to finally find out what was happening although not so good when my old gp told me I just had to put up with it and learn to live with it.

I have every sympathy and understanding to anyone that suffers, I think one of the biggest problems is that from the outside we look ok. If you have a broken leg everyone can see it but fibro is an invisible illness.

I have learnt different ways of managing my illness over the past couple of years but it is still not easy and I have many days when I am in tears with the pain and tiredness. At the moment I am waiting to hear from ATOS as to whether I can transfer from IB to ESA but I have heard so many horror stories that I am dreading it. It seems to be if you try and help yourself then you are more than capable of getting a job in their opinion.

I know everyone is having to go through this at the moment and it is all added stress.

Anyway I just want to say hello to everyone .
julesleics
UKFM Member

Re: Hello to everyone

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:46 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jules :wave:

:goodluck1: with ESA we have lots of info about it on the forum, its something all of us dread :yikes: but there is lots of support on here so if you need any help just start a new topic in the DWP Works section and you will always get someone along to help you. :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:06 pm

:welcome: to the forum Julie :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Going thru the migration from IB to ESA can be a nightmare for some. For others tho, it can go thru pretty smoothly, so hopefully it will be the case for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: There is lots of info and advice about it on here which you may find helpful.

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby julesleics » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Thanks both of you hope you are both ok and have a good weekend. I am going to collapse in bed now, feel really tired and aching so hoping for a good night sleep
julesleics
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello