[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi from Limbo Land

Hi from Limbo Land

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi from Limbo Land

Postby Minn » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 am

Hi I am a 43 year old female and don't have a definite diagnosis yet. My neurologist has said I either have FM with CFS, MS or a spinal cord injury. I have a lot of pain and found this site very helpful for advice with this as pain is less common with the other potential dx's. I hope you don't mind me visiting for this whatever I happen to suffer from, please let me know if it's not allowed! I just wanted to introduce myself though and let you know that I have enjoyed reading your posts and found a lot of your advice very helpful, enjoyable and appropriate when describing my poor broken body and brain. Thanks again.
Min xx
Minn
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi from Limbo Land

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am

:welcome: to the forum Minn :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

There's absolutely no problem with you joining us Minn, we have members who are at different points in their (potential) FM journey, from similar situations to what yours is all the way thru to being part of the club for a good number of years. When anyone joins us, we try to offer them support and understanding as, even if their dx turns out to be something different to FM, there are quite often a number of overlapping/similar symptoms experienced that the info and advice on here could help with.

Glad to hear you're already finding some of what is on here helpful :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Hopefully it won't be too long before you find out what is causing you to feel so bad :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Minn » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:26 am

Thank you for your swift response. It's very difficult posting when you are unsure of your diagnosis. You don't want to look like a hypochondriac but so much of you hurts or feels broken. I would appreciate any comments and reply when I can.
Thanks again xx
Minn
UKFM Newbie

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Hi Minn it is a horrible place that limbo land. My GP has now progressed to "FM type symptoms" for all my pains and treating me as such but I am in convinced it is FM (or my symptoms are doing a very good impression). Meanwhile my neurologist is investigating other symptoms and still to decide if it is MS. I personally feel if it has a name you can at least do some research and know what to expect. As you have said this is a very helpful forum and helps make sense of things. Good luck. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Iceskatemum » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:51 pm

Sorry your in limbo land at the moment on your perilous journey to find out what is causing your paiin etc. As DL says sometimes having a name for you illness is pure release just to get rid of the hypocondriac feelings as these in themselves can cause stress and tension which also add to our pain levels .
Hoping all the results come through quite quickly so that you can move on with things .

gentle hugs :grouphug:
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm

:welcome: To the forum minn :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:25 am

Hi Minn and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Minn » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome. As you all know life in limbo is very frustrating. I'm sure you were all there at some stage. Reading comments and feedback from others is helpful, especially when some new symptom, ache or difficulty raises its head. Thanks again and if I can offer anything useful I'd be happy to do so.
Min x
Minn
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello