[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hey..new and struggling!

Hey..new and struggling!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hey..new and struggling!

Postby ouchiemama » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Hi everyone, my doctor suggested I have fibro last week and after checking out all my symptoms I have to say I agree & am glad Im not just crazy! lol. I am waiting for an app with a rheumatlogist, not sure how long Il have to wait though!
Im in agony, mainly my back and shoulders but also legs & feet aswell!
Im on Sertaraline 100g for anxiety, amitriptyline 30g for nerve pain due to irritated neck nerves which Im also getting physio for..when the doc said fibro he said they should help...its not! Does get me a decent sleep though! Apart from that its just cocodomal 8/500 & ibrufen that he gave me....its not working at all, im in so much pain :( :(
Should i go back to the doc to see if i can get anything else?? do i need to wait for rheumy to get stronger painkillers, do they even prescribe?? What is going to help anyway?? What if rheumy says I dont have it & I am just crazy after all??
Sorry im rambling but so much going on in my head right now plus the fact I hurt! Ive got 3 kids 11, 9 & 5..i cant be in pain they need me!

I do have diagnosed - gad, ibs, rls, tension headaches..
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Re: Hey..new and struggling!

Postby loubie » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:40 am

hi :wave:
welcome to the forum :-D

amitriptyline takes about a month to get into your system and work properly
or could take longer as we are all so different with meds.

try and give it a bit more time, the rheumatologist will advise you with meds as well
and yes you can get stronger painkillers.

your not mad by the way :lol: not any more :crazy: then the rest of us :lol:

welcome again, its good to have you with us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: as Loubie says its takes some time for meds to work so agree with her advice
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:09 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our little sanctuary ouchiemama :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

You'll find lots of info and advice on here, as well as support, understanding and a bit of a strange sense of humour at times, all to help you get thru the FibroDay.

This linky might be helpful for you as it has a section about the sorts of meds used to try and manage FM http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx With you saying your current recipe isn't really helping you, maybe having a look at it then go back and see your GP about what else could be suitable for you to try. The rheumy may be able to advise on possible meds, they seem to contact GPs with their recommendations tho rather than prescribing things themselves.

The co~codamol you're currently on is the lowest dose that it comes in, so asking for the next one up (15/500) could be an option. You shouldn't have to wait to see the rheumy to get something stronger, your GP should be able to give you something else. It's not easy to say what might help you as we all seem to respond very differently to meds. Because of this it can take a while to find the right cocktail for you as a fair bit of trial and error is often needed to get your particular ingredients right.

And to answer that all important question, NO, you're not mad. But now you've found us, we can't guarantee that you won't end up that way :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum ouchiemama :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pepperty » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

welcome! I've been on 10mg amitriplyne for 6months...the change has been remarkable (though I suspect Im due to try a higher dose as its losing effect) its a life saver having a decent nights sleep. I swear you can deal with most things once you arent so exhausted :-P Must admit I havent yet cracked the pain issue? but least i'm a little less ratty as Ive slept ok!

Can only suggest - on the kids front - you prep loads of hotpot and casserole meals earlier in the day when your energy levels are higher (when you have some energy) and if the kids come in from school to you lying down, see it as 'quality time on your back :lol: ' and just enjoy xx dinner is sorted!

My crew is older - 14/16/20 but they dont bat an eyelid nowadays - that i'm in bed - and neither do they comment, its normal to them, so try to make it normal for you? get the kids to cuddle up with you ?
Pepperty
UKFM Member

Postby sweetie pie » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 pm

I :welcome: i only started last week on the forum, just cant believe how great it is and everyone are so lovely here,so enjoy,as i was struggling regarding my friends etc but since on the forum it has helped me as lots of friends here just like a 2nd Family,reg the amitriplyne this helps me also with the sleep its the only one that does :snore1: :-)
sweetie pie
UKFM Member

Postby ouchiemama » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:23 am

Hello guys, thank you for the warm welcome :lol:

Just realised I had these replies...forgot I posted this! I just posted a similar post in the doctors bit! :crazy:

Thanks again. Look forward to chatting to you all. x
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello