[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi :)

Hi :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi :)

Postby Bunuelaaa » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:29 am

Hello all :)

I'm 22 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week (after about 5 years or more of being told "you're too young" and to "toughen up" by doctors and family/friends). I'm so relieved to finally have a diagnosis but I am absolutely gutted that it is not something they can fix.

I have been put on amitriptyline (10mg to go up to 20mg if needed) and I have never been so drowsy! I've had serious problems even opening my eyes in the mornings :/ I've also had a week of feeling really down and I was wondering if this is normal for this medication and if it will pass? I usually suffer from anxiety/depression but not to this extent.

Fingers crossed the amitriptyline works! Before I decided to give the doctors one last shot last week, I had all but given up getting a diagnosis and resigned myself to living with the pain (I can't take any pain killers but standard paracetamol so I was pretty much stuck as I was) so at least things are happening now :)

Thanks for reading :)
Bunuelaaa
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi :)

Postby Iceskatemum » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 am

:welcome: but sorry you have to be a member of this mad FM club. There are others on the forum who are around your age so they can give you tips on how to cope with FM while young . There is plenty of advice in the threads and if you have a specific problem there is a steady stream of folk that are willing to help out.

A lot of people get quite sleepy when first on Ami and its not uncommon for some to feel sleepy in the morning until they get thier dose and /or timings right.

As you are feeling sleepy in the morning try taking the ami a wee bit earlier the night before . If you do this you can then guage what time you need to take it so that you feel more awake the next day and ready for what ever you have to do .

I was recently told off at the pain clinic for being negative about paracetamol and saying it was the bottom of the pile for pain relief . I won't repeat what was said but basically I was told it is a very effective pain killer if used correctly and if it is used as your main pain killer you should take the tablets ever 4-6 hours even if you feel you don't need to as that way you have something in your system if the pain etc comes on rather than having to pay catch up if you didn't take them .

Maybe you should chat to your GP about what strength of paracetamol you can take and when to take it so that it supports any relief you get from the ami.

Hope you can get the sleepyness under control very soon and start to feel a bit better .

take care bye for now ISM
Iceskatemum
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 am

:welcome

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:59 pm

:welcome: to the forum :cow-wave: we have lots of info & support on here, any questions just ask :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bunuelaaa » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Bunuelaaa
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello