[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby The Listen Lady » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:05 am

Hi Everyone,
I'm Stevie, age 56 and living in a small village in the Brecon Beacons, with a husband, 2 dogs & a geriatric tabby cat. I've had fibro for many years and even now I'm amazed at the various new & exciting symptoms which still appear from nowhere. I used to work as a counsellor but lost the ability to retain information several years ago so I stopped.
I'm interested in reading escapist novels esp. Terry P, Anne (& Todd) Mccaffrey and Jasper Fforde. I also love singing, writing & drama, (used to be an actress too but the memory thing...)
I'd love to hear from people living near here.
So HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
Take Care.
The Listen Lady
UKFM Member

Hi, newbie here

Postby glitterywings » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi all, my name is Debbie, had what I know now is FM for over a year but only diagnosed last week.

I live in Cheshire, have a grown-up son and daughter, I am now living with my wonderful husband Ian and our Shih-tzu Amber. We have 2 beautiful grand-daughters curtesy of my daughter who light up our lives.

I enjoy card making and scrapbooking, although recently can't seem to get motivated. I like to read but only manage a couple of pages before sleep.

I work part time (25 hours) as a receptionist and that is more than enough.

Just thought I would say Hi to all and look forward to being part of the forum.

Debbie :)
glitterywings
UKFM Member

introduce your self

Postby jeannie45 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:21 pm

hi glitterywings.i have not been on this forum long,but i have enjoyed myself,everyone is so friendly.
best wishes jeannie45 :)
just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi glitterywings and welcome to the forum ((xx)) Hope we can be of help and support.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby cat123 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:47 am

Hi glittery wings,wecome to the forum..............cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby Sassylady40 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi my name is Sarah and I am 40 years old, I currently live in Northamptonshire, but am moving up to Yorkshire in the next few weeks. I have been married for 20 years and have 2 daughters 19 and 17.

I was diagnosed with FM in November last year. Its good to know that there is other people out there with the same condition and it will be good to make some friends on here who know what I'm on about javascript:emoticon(':)') and not just think I've made the whole thing up.
Sassylady40
UKFM Newbie

introduce your self

Postby jeannie45 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:00 pm

hi sassylady . welcome to the forum .we are all friends together here we all have the same illness.anything you need to ask just joined in ,i was born in yorkshire ,but i live in morecambe for the past 17 yrs.

best wishes jeannie45 :)
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi sassy ,wecome in ,feel free to ask whatever you want ,one of us will soon answer if we can,if we dont know ,we will soon find out!............cat
Ive had fibro over 20 years,and im still learning!
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:39 am

Hi sassy and welcome, any questions just ask and someone will be along to help ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

welcome

Postby glitterywings » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:53 pm

glitterywings
UKFM Member

Postby sammi » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:53 pm

sammi
UKFM Member

Introduce yourself

Postby Karen D » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Hi everyone

My name is Karen and I have had Fibro for 6 years. I am married with 2 wonderful daughters, one son in law and one Grandson who is 2 years old and the light of my life. I also have 2 step-children although none of the kids are at home anymore, just me, hubbie and the boss of the house Max, our Westie. I am 47 years old and I work 4 days a week and am the proud owner of my "Smart Car" which I love and gives me wonderful independance. My fibro affects my whole body and never ceases to amaze me with the many new pains it can give or the places the pains can be!! My hubbie is quite supportive and we tend to deal with it by laughing as much as possible, it is not unusual to hear his loving voice shout up the shopping centre "come on hopalong", bless him. Of course some days you just can't laugh and those times are tough and my biggest sorrow is not being able to run around with my grandson as I would like or having to let my family down on days out or babysitting etc. Anyway just wanted to say hello, I am sure this site is just what we all need to make us feel as though we are not alone with our pain.

Keep smiling
Karen
Karen D
UKFM Newbie

interdus your self

Postby jeannie45 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:46 pm

hi karen welcome we are a friendly bunch :) :)
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Hi to all

Postby carolineb » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:35 pm

carolineb
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:31 am

gillshutt
UKFM Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello