[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

interdus your self

Postby jeannie45 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:21 pm

just because i have fms ,its still me inside
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby MeowsAtNight » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Hello, everyone!

I am Rachael, was diagnosed 15 years ago with FM/CFS, Epstein Barr Virus, and other conditions. I just moved here to Bracknell, Berkshire, from Baltimore Maryland USA one month ago to be with my British fiance. I guess I'm a fish out of water. :) I don't socialize much since I don't like to disappoint others if I need to cancel an outing due to feeling unwell. I have no children and no pets here, although I did leave my cat behind in the USA to stay with my mom. I love cats and horses. I used to train Arabian horses many years ago. I'm also interested in the paranormal, due to some past experiences.

Basically, I'm a writer, composer, and musician. But it's only as a hobby, as I have a damaged nervous system, thus I have trouble performing out in public. I am going to work on doing some home recording of my music, though. I also used to do equine artwork years ago. I enjoy reading others' experiences on message boards and seeing if I can offer any support or new ideas. I'm so pleased to find this group. Thank you for being here!
MeowsAtNight

feeling a little less stupid

Postby jennylegal » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:28 pm

hi, I'm Jenny 61 years old, married to Mike, with three grown up children, and four beautiful granddaughters.

I was diagnosed with FM six years ago, after being treated four four years with steroids for reheumatoid arthritis and suspected myloma.

at first it was a relief to have a name for all the aches and pains i thought i was imagining, couldn't understand how i thought i must have broken an ankle or wrist, and not realising how, then a couple of hours later it had jumped to the other side of my body.

at first i think the consultants believed that it was all in the mind, they did not help that much.

my eldest son lives in Boston USA and when i told him, he found out so much more and was annoyed that there did not seem to be the same help over here. Sorry everyone did not know about the site, was it going six years ago?

Sorry again if this is going on a bit, it is such a relief to be able to get it all out to others that understand.

four months ago, we moved and the new gp convinced it was not FM but polymyalgia - she prescribed steroids and yes she was right the hip pain and inability to walk, went within the 24hours as she said, the neck, head, hands did not, but i was assured that was normal. it was great to be told that in about 2-3 years i would be clear of polymyalgia.

a visit for a repeat prescription saw a new doctor, and maybe i missed it first time round, but during our conversation he said, well of course you know that you still have fm and nothing can be done for that sorry. what a bummer i felt like my world collapsed.

has anyone else been advised that weather pressure has an effect on us, this came from USA and the consultant at the hospital thought this was probable. not sure, but it certainly has been worse and worse this last 10 days.

sorry to have gone on so much promise wont do it again.

best wishes to all, so glad to know you are here

jenny
x
jenny
jennylegal
UKFM Member

intraduseyourself

Postby jeannie45 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:10 pm

hi jennylegal welcome to the forum
best wishes jean :)
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby hitbyabus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm Emma 25 and 6 months ago i got hit by a bus whilst at work, the bus went in to my right hip/leg, since then i have been in pain all over, had non stop headaches, so low and crying all the time, forgeting things, can't get my words out, smell things from a mile away, eyes hurt and are light sensitive, unable to work as my job is physical demanding, unable to walk without a stick and an arm to hold, couldn't get in the bath so had a walk in shower fitted, can't bend to wash/shave my legs my lovely boyfriend has to do it for me, can't drive as i don't know what my legs will do next, can't do the washing, dusting, cleaning, hoovering or peel a spud.
After a physio that said he couldn't help (told me to go to keep fit classes) two MRI scans, xrays, bone scan, nerve scan, 2 GP's who said it was in my head and 2 orthopaedic surgeons who said their was nothing wrong with me it was in my head.
On Wednesday 28th i got to see the Rheumatologist who poked and proded me whilst i cried with pain, then with that said you have Fibromyalgia. :? he then sat me down explained all and i was so happy at last someone knew what was going on and that i wasn't imaging it all.

Now i know whats wrong i can fight it and try to control it. I was a happy, health, lively 25 year old who enjoyed life, now i'm a 25 year old who has FM and is never going to give up, i look forward to having some good days just hope i get one soon.

Sorry to go on thanks for reading, hope to get to know more about you all glad i found this forum as it has already been so helpful.

Emma xxxx :D
hitbyabus
UKFM Member

introduse yourself

Postby jeannie45 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:43 pm

hi hitbyabus sorry you have had such a bad time ofl it ,your in the right place ,we all know what its like to have fm .so welcome :) :)
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby LinzWorld » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi Emma. :D PM me if you want to chat - I'm 28 (just!) and I've had Fibro since I was 21 (after a guy drove a huge mercedes van into my tiny mini metro!) so I get what it's like to be in your twenties and get hit suddenly with Fibro.

The quicker you can get effective treatment, the easier it is likely to be too.
LinzWorld
UKFM Regular

Postby freckles » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi all ,i am new to this.My name is Tina i am 40 have 3 kids 2 grandkids and a wonderful hubby who cares.I would love to know if there is a surpport group in or around Basildon Essex or other fibromites in area.
freckles
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi Tina... take a look for support groups.

Welcome to the forum ((xx))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Arnu » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Arnu
UKFM Member

new here

Postby jeannie45 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:14 pm

jeannie45
UKFM Member

Postby Arnu » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Arnu
UKFM Member

interduse yourself

Postby jeannie45 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:49 pm

hi arnu most of us are mad on here :lol: as iv sed we do try to help one other .and as uv read some of the post on here we do have a laugh.have you seen the one on the vircual holiday ,you could tell who the ring leaders were it was a scream ,im not giving any names out [,wee scottie] :lol: :lol:
jeannie45
UKFM Member

Hello

Postby Dawn » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi! I'm Dawn, I am married and have 2 children - one who is 7 and one who is 5.
I have had Fm for 3 years, after a head on car collision, this was made worse by a rear shunt 13 months later. I was diagnosed quite quickly compared to some, and have been treated for FM for 2.5 years. I used to work full time as nurse, but haven't been able to work in over 18months, after several failed attempts at returning to work.
I continue to struggle with my diagnosis and it's affect on my life, and still over do it on my "good days"

:twisted:
Dawn
UKFM Newbie

interduse yourself

Postby jeannie45 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 am

hi dawn welcome to the forum :) :)
jeannie45
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello