[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone

Postby kaiserpups » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi everyone, I'm Diane, 35, married with 2 gorgeous girls of 3 and 1. I haven't had an official diagnosis yet, although after reading a lot of posts on here and chatting to a friend of a neighbour who has fibro I think I finally have a name for what's been bugging me for months.

I have seen my GP and she did a pile of blood tests - which all came back negative - and told me she thought it was viral and to basically just go away and get on with it and that was in September last year. At the insistence of my hubby (who says I'm now a wreck lol) I'm going back to see another GP at the practice on Friday to see if she's any better so please wish me luck.

I am quite a shy person normally so please forgive me if I don't post that often, because I'd hate to be thought of as a moaner, I'm not really, honest! but I will be on often reading posts as it's so good to hear from other people who know exactly how you feel.

Hello's and waves to everyone in Scotland :D

Diane
kaiserpups
UKFM Newbie

Postby Arnu » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Hi Diane

Welcome to the site (you will find this forum very helpful with a lot of nice people - I am new here myself and alreadly owe a big thank you to so many people on this site).

Don't worry about moaning on this site we all need a good sometime (I know I did yesterday) this is the place where everyone understands exactly what you are going on about and we are all here to help each other when we need it.

All the best with the new GP (I know when I changed GP a got a lot more help) you should ask about seeing a Rheunatologist as they tend to understand Fibromyalgia better than most GPs do.

A virtual hug of welcome to you.

Take care

Andie
Arnu
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi Diana welcome and join in whenever you feel you want to
I'm a shy person to but my mouth disagrees with me :lol: anyway I will look out for your posts.
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

A wave from Scotland

Postby anne1206 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi, Diane
I am just down the M77 from you in sunny Glasgow :lol: its really rotten that you are like this with such a young family to look after :( In some ways I feel lucky that my family were grown up and had left home when this all got too bad for me,
Plenty of help, advice and even a wee joke available on here to help you through the bad days, so welcome to the site and a very exclusive friendly club, the virtual cafe is great for a wee break.

Take Care, Anne
durate et vosmet rebus servate secundis///>Carry on and preserve yourselves for better times
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby Sarah-Louise » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi all :)

I'm Sarah, I was diagnosed with FM last year but following my medical paper trail I have had it since I was little - 5 or 6 ish. Was diagnosed as it had got insanely worse, I lost my job because of it :(

I am here to learn and chat to other people in tha same boat :) I'm really finding it difficult to accept I have to slow down, although I have recently started using a crutch to help me stay upright :D It helps but it still feels weird!

Talking of weird I keep lots of weird pets - tarantulas, stick insects and oher creepy-crawlies. Although I have had to give some of my spiders to my boyf (he has over 100 tarantulas already...and thousands of stick insects and millipedes and beetles and roaches...) I can still manage to look after the rest, doing a little every day :) The plan is for us to eventually move in together, so we can do the menagerie together.

Nice to meet you all :)
Sarah-Louise
UKFM Newbie

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 pm

Hi Sarah sorry to hear of your Fm problems and having it for so long at least you now know what it is now. I had a creepy-crawley once but we're divorced now :lol:
coventry brittle kid
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby motherelephant » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:02 pm

hi everyone my name is lorraine im 52 married [ husband is anone believer} have 3 sons 27 25 19 .I work with my husband in his sandwich shop . use to have a fantastic shnauzer dog but lost him last year he was 15 would love another but the fatigue stops me 'it was ok with him because we could plod together but it wouldnt be fair to a younger dog.my middle son is involved with an animal sanctury so when it gets warmer fibro allowing im going to try and help out there. I was diagnosed with fibro 9 years ago but think ive had it since i was 12 .im really enjoying this forum you are all so witty. just wish i could type a bit faster.ha ha. learnt loads already.
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi motherelephant already been reading your posts you do well to help your husband in your shop but if he is a non-believer let him have a look at this site -- and could he leave us one of his sandwiches as well :lol:
coventry brittle kid
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby stargirl » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:25 pm

stargirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby cat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:10 pm

hi ive been a member of this forum for a while but up until this week didnt hav the courage to post anything. im a single parent to 4 kids aged 13(nearly 14), 12, nearly 11 and a 6yr old. im also help my birth mum who has heart problems that drs cant help with anymore and my mum and dad who r in there 70's and 80's. i used to think i could manage myself after bein diagnosed at ruemy i was told they couldnt help, have been to pain managment but because i get up out of bed even if its just to lie on the couch they told me "what more do u expect you have fibro" i went out of there quietly thinking "I WONT MY LIFE BK" so now i just see my gp who ive just recently had to change because of a move and my new gp is thinkin of putting me through all the tests again although she does listen to me and takes on bored everything i say and is trying to make life a bit more bareable as she is the first dr that is actually intrested in helping and didnt deflate as she heard all symptoms and i handed over information which id printed off as i find having printouts is easier than trying to remember as i struggle to even remember my kids names these days.

Just noticed how much i can ramble.......id say sorry but i needed to get things off my chest so instead thanks for listening
You just have to keep going the world won't stop with you
cat
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:58 pm

I get the kids and the animals names mixed up Cat :lol: My six year old isn't too happy at having his name used for the dog when it's misbehaving :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby cat » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:23 pm

i can go with that what i failed to mention was that ive got a dog aswell.......last gp thought it would help get me out more so a yr ago my parents bought me her......shes a cavalier king charles spaniel very easy to care for and as daft as a brush in a way it did help as the kids adore her even though my 6yr old terorrises her if he alone wi her so we try not to let that happen but my girls talk to her and if there stressed take her for a walk and feel better for it .......... my added exercise is opening the bk door to let her in or out lol these dogs take as much or as little exercise as u want to give them and r favoured by the elderly but she loves cuddling up beside me when im really bad. could be without her now.
You just have to keep going the world won't stop with you
cat
UKFM Member

Postby Lesley Doyle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:31 am

Hi all
I am Lesley Doyle, 45 years old, married for 21 years, and was diagonised with FMS and ME in May 2008, after having a head on crash in may 2006, by a boy racer hit me
I have no children just furry kids i have 3 dogs, 1 springer spaniel called Bonnie Boots that where i took the name from, the other 2 dogs are Heinz 57, they are all girls. called Comet and Cookie
We also have 3 girls cats , 3 birds, 1 chinchilla, and a barn owl
I like doing cross stitching as it keeps me brain going sometimes
:roll:
Take care
Lesley

"WANTED " a brain if found please sent it to me, as mine has run off again
Lesley Doyle
UKFM Member

Postby tammijo » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 am

tammijo
UKFM Member

Postby Beanie.J » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:57 am