[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby denys » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 am

Hi to all the newbies I have missed and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi all you newbies :smile:
Welcome to the forum!!!!! Im looking forward to getting to know you all!!
Clumsey1 i was also told i need to accept my life is not going to get better by my rheumatolagist ,we all on here know that it's just not that easy to come to terms with fibro and our other illnesses.
I am just takeing things one day at a time at the moment and it does help!
Take care everyone xx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum Karl. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosie147 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:07 am

hi everyone, im rosie147..aka lynn but couldnt use lynn when joining for some reason so im using my dogs name
im married for over 23 years have 3 boys 22, 21, 17, and 1 grand son who is 2 we live in wiltshire
ive had fm now for 11 years and still no better if any think ive got alot worse,i had to give up work some 5 years ago
nice to meet you all
rosie147
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:46 pm

:welcome: to the forum rosie147 :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby littlereddevil » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello to all the new people on here - im also fairly new to the forum :-)
littlereddevil
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi to all the newbies I've missed :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby maddie73 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:52 pm

hello my name is shirley im 38yrs old i have two children 14 and 17 both boys and a husband. i was diognosed 2 years ago the symtoms started at least ten years ago after i fell ill with the flu, it knocked me out for two weeks so i was told i ended up in hospital was on the verge of pheumoia how ever you spell it.everything gone down hill from there was employed as a cleaner cleaning for a company 7hrs a day 5 days a week. to start with they were great they got machinery to help with the cleaning then they started to notice that my cleaning wasnt up to the staderd so had to let me go. tried many other jobs but no good was on incapacity benifit but they have now taken me off due to the new rules after going to the medicail. they gave me no points tried to go dla they wont help either using the medical ive just had so im at the moment appeling. icarnt belive that they dont understand they are not going to get away with how they have treat people any way less of they anger from me ...... i love reading but carnt read for long these days enjoy chatting to people when they are not busy music is variable diffrent kinds depending on what mood im in i still drive even though the distance i can drive has reduced dramtically down just 15 mins or so .erm dont know what else to say so i wont bore you any more x :-|
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Punctuation to make it read a bit smoother
maddie73
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:36 pm

:welcome: to the forum Maddie :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Hedds » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Hello, diagnosed yesterday by rheumatologist . Mother of two 11 and 14 wonderful children! Married to a very understanding hubby!
I am 39 and find it difficult to summon up enough energy to get through the day without 1-2 hours
In bed after work!! Pain mainly in hands and feet at the moment, but also in my elbows.
X glad I found this site xxxxx
Hedds
UKFM Newbie

Postby caltastic » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:48 am

Hi my name is Caroline, im 33yrs old. i have 4 children 3,5,7 and 15yrs all boys. I was so pleased to find this site, I have been in alot of pain for near on 10yrs. i have scolious,hypermobility syndrome and fibromyalgia. And to know there is somewhere to go to ask for advice and just to talk to people who who understand how this affects your everyday life. Wel i didnt join just to moan lol. My kids mean the world to me as everyone elses kids do to them. I have a Partner called Aaron we have been engaged for bout 8yrs begining to think we are gonna be engaged for ever lol. We have 2 dogs shade she is a staffi and a bit of a dipstick,jack well hes a jack russel...i know original mr jack russel he is 10yrs and grumpy then we have spice she is a parakeet. myself and 2 of my kids have slapped cheek trust us to call it that. other countries have nice names like In Japan the disease is called 'apple sickness because of facial redness. In Hungary it is called "butterfly pox" as the red cheeks look like the wings of a butterfly. but no not us it looks like you have been slapped in the face and thats what we gonna call it . It takes me for ever to write now. i suddenly forget what im doing or spend ages reading through it and correcting because i keep writing things the wrong way round even is im usuing a pen. or totally wrong word. :crazy: Does anyone else have this prob? should i be asking on this page ? Well anyway hi to everyone and thanks for this site :-D
caltastic
UKFM Newbie

Postby Itsonlyme! » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi there, I'm a newbie to the forum, sadly not to Fibro and all it's other associated nasties!
My name is Maria, I'm 38, have 2 small children (7&4) who are just the best ever, a hubby (whose fantastic) and 2 dogs (who keep me sane when no one else is around).
I have had Fibro for almost 4 years although officially diagnosed about 2.5 years ago after seeing every doctor under the sun after suffering what seemed at the time a fairly straight forward but nasty fall...I never really recovered from my injuries and things have never been the same since, this "thing" has turned my life and that of my family upside down. I've joined because I get the magazine which I find helpful but just recently have found some terrific things on this site and see a lot of you have very similar problems to myself which frankly sometimes other people find a bit "odd"!! Yes to "caltastic" I find myself doing that ALL the time, re reading things, writing wrong words, mis spelling simple words, it's like I have forgotten how to write/type etc...There was a time I couldn't sit for long to enable myself to type an email on the laptop without being in too much pain, seizing up etc..so my husband bought me an iPad for Christmas so I can keep in touch a bit more so here I am :-D
Itsonlyme!
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:37 pm

:welcome: to the forum Hedds Caroline & Maria :wave: :wave: :wave:

Good to have to with us :wine:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:38 pm

:welcome: to all the newbies I've missed hope we can offer you all the support you need :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 pm

And a :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :welcome: from me to our newest members as well :wave: :wave:

You'll find lots of info, advice and support for each other on here, so anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll see how we can help you with it :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello