[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum clumsy1 :wave:

Sorry I am not sure what CGPS is? But know lots of people who have fibro & ME who have had kids.

We are here to support you and have lots of info on here, any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Clumsy1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:23 am

Thanks for the welcome, I have so many questions running through my head at the mo, its hard to know where to start.
Just for info, CGPS is chronic generalized pain syndrome. They've labelled me under that this week as the one consultant diagnosed ME, another diagnosed FM, and then the guy this week says he wouldn't put me in either groups yet but says I have CGPS. I can't get a straight answer from anyone it seems! I hope that I might answer some of my questions on here maybe.
Gel :-)
Clumsy1
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:12 am

:welcome: To the forum Clumsy1 :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It sounds like you're having fun and games trying to find out what is the reason for all your symptoms :facepalm: :facepalm: I'm a bit confuzzled, so it must be at least 100 times worse for you :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: As Shaz has said, there are members on here with both FM and CFS who have children, so the comment made by the rheumy isn't quite true :nono: :nono: :nono: The only thing he did get right, well nearly right anyway, was that the life you had previously is exactly that, what you had previously. However that doesn't mean you can't have a life with FM/CFS, with learning to listen to your body, learning what you can and can't manage to do, and some careful planning, you can have a life. It may not be one you envisaged, but there is still a good chance that you can find some meaning and usefullness in doing something, as well as some pleasure. Altho you may not be quite the same person you were, there will still be the essence of who you were preFM, and once it's found it's way thru the maze of FM, things will start to reemerge and mix itself into how things are now, which all goes towards living your life with your conditions instead of battling with them head on :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a good look round and see if there is anything useful for you :penguin: :penguin: :penguin: Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Clumsy1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks fluppypuffy,
what you've said does make sense, at the moment every day feels like i'm having a full scale war with myself, I know that there's thing's i can't do and things i shouldn't do but i still feel like i need to try, it feels as though if i stop trying, i've given up and given in to whatever it is i've got. One day i might get my head round working with it instead of against it, i'm not sure i'm there yet though.
Thanks for your words though, and i do feel a little reasurred by what you said about people with FM having children, what the consultant said to me this week really knocked me down, it was very cruel the way he said what he said, I was hoping that i'd find people on here that could comment from experience instead of out of a textbook, so thank you for that, i really do appreciate it :-)
Clumsy1
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:55 pm

I think the vast majority of us have felt like you are at the moment, and been thru similar things like the full scale war on a daily basis, it's all part of what we seem to have to go thru before we can reach that final acceptance stage. It takes time to reach that stage and at times it may feel like you're going in reverse. Just take things day~by~day, or even hour~by~hour, don't worry about how long it takes, you will find your particular way thru it :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby jackie1909 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi all!
my name is jackie and i'm 48 and have had fm for years but was diagnosed about 3years ago, I work full time as a nurse which I struggle with quite a bit, I have to work 2or3 12 hour shifts per week which floors me but i'm a stubborn so and so and just won't quit! I have two grown up sons and a long suffering oh, I also have two dogs and a cat and my big passion and motivator my beautiful horse, gem. I have been aware of this forum for a while but have been in denial for ages, maybe posting something on here means i'm finally accepting it! I would love to chat with other peeps and pick up tips on coping and hearing their stories
Ttfn
Jackie
hi! got diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week, don't know what to make of it yet!
jackie1909
UKFM Newbie

Postby carries » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:04 am

Hi everyone i joined today took me ages to log on but guess what i was trying to log onto the wrong site.
Its 2 in the morning and cant sleep anyone else out there feeling the same.

Does this message go out to everyone....???

CXX
carries
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:46 am

:wave: :wave: Jackie and carries :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Carries, this section of the forum can be viewed by everyone as it's open to all from members who sign in to guests who are just browsing. It's not unusual for someone to be on the night shift :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Jackie, I think most of us have spent far longer in the denial phase than we would like to admit, hopefully now tho, you're starting off on the acceptance quest :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully there will be some info and suggestions that you both find useful :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:32 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jackie and carries :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

New to this....

Postby KP1964 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi, my name is Karl and I am 47 years old, married with 2 very active children. My problems started in 2009 when I had recurring chest infections which led to me being more and more washed out and generally feeling ill. Over the past 3 years I have been getting "flares" of tiredness (falling asleep at my desk in work), aching, severe headache, Fibro fog etc and having seen my GP and Rhum consultant I am still struggling to get the message across as to how ill I feel (argghhh). I saw another GP today and he said that my symptoms didn't fit Fibro and that I should double up on my Citalopram (20mg to 40mg) as he thinks its all in my mind. Why are these GP's blind to what is put in front of them...I was not depressed going to the clinic today but coming out of there I felt like a liar/fraud and ended up feeling depressed :(

Sorry for the rant!!!!!! :-x
KP1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:24 pm

:welcome: to the forum Karl :wave: :wave:

Sorry to hear what you're going thru trying to get a diagnosis, unfortunately it's something that quite a lot of us have gone thru as well :facepalm: :facepalm: Do you have any idea why the latest GP you've seen has said that your symptoms don't fit with FM?? :-? Have you seen all the ones at your surgery?? If so, it might be worth considering changing to a new one, maybe contact some of the ones in your area to see how they might deal with a chronic pain condition like FM. You might also consider keeping a diary/log of your symptoms, how they affect you, how the pain changes thru the day, anything that you think will help show how you are feeling. If you also take some info with you about FM, it can help with explaining how you feel your symptoms fit in.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 am

Hi to all the newbies I have missed and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi all you newbies :smile:
Welcome to the forum!!!!! Im looking forward to getting to know you all!!
Clumsey1 i was also told i need to accept my life is not going to get better by my rheumatolagist ,we all on here know that it's just not that easy to come to terms with fibro and our other illnesses.
I am just takeing things one day at a time at the moment and it does help!
Take care everyone xx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum Karl. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby rosie147 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:07 am

hi everyone, im rosie147..aka lynn but couldnt use lynn when joining for some reason so im using my dogs name
im married for over 23 years have 3 boys 22, 21, 17, and 1 grand son who is 2 we live in wiltshire
ive had fm now for 11 years and still no better if any think ive got alot worse,i had to give up work some 5 years ago
nice to meet you all
rosie147
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello