[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby denys » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:49 pm

oh my word lots of newbies, :welcome: to the forum I'm sorry you are all suffering but so glad you have found us. Hopefully we can offer you the support you may all need :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby PulchraPuella » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi,

My name is Cassie. I'm 30, married and have a son who will be three in June. I was diagnosed last October and I thought I'd be fine. I was so happy that I finally had a diagnosis, I don't think I cared what it was. I figured I'd be fine because it wasn't as bad as what some people have, but it's gotten worse. Reality finally hit me pretty hard when I was getting down on the floor to play trains with my son and he saw me wince. He looked at me with concern and said, "Mummy. You in pain." I wanted to cry. I've avoided online discussion boards because I'm rather socially awkward, but I know I need to do something so that I stop feeling so angry and sad about this all the time and so that I understand more about what is happening to me.

~Cassie
PulchraPuella
UKFM Member

Postby soprano » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi I'm Shirley and recently been diagnosed with FMS having been in pain for years. I am a 55yr old mother to 5 kids and I look after my grand daughter who is 2. In a funny/sad way she will get up off the floor and say Ow ow ow :-)
She also sings "the wheels on the bus" with the added verse of Grandmas on the bus say Ow ow ow :-)
I feel a tad better with knowing what is wrong, I now just have to learn how to cope with it.
soprano
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Hi Cassie and Shirley and :welcome: to the forum :wave: Cassie you dont have to be awkward on here as you are annonymous so just be yourself without the worry :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum Cassie & Shirley :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Marlou » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:32 pm

HI :-)

My name is Marlou, im 39 and have suffered for years with fibromyalgia , only got a proper diagnosis last year and am on Lyrica.
I am married to my lovely husband who is very very caring and has to help me loads. I have a beautiful pup called Gracie who keeps me company while my husband works full time.
I also suffer with Bipolar, I dont get out much , but love to craft when im able. Card making and jewellery making inbetween flare ups.
Glad to have found a support forum were people understand this dibilatating illness.
I have my own blogspot and thoroughly enjoy it :-D http://scrappingwithlove.blogspot.com/

Marlou
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:42 pm

:wave: :wave: Marlou, Shirley, Cassie, and anyone else I may have missed :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

:welcome: to the forum, hopefully you'll will find that we're friendly and supportive and will try to help you with anything you're wondering/wanting to know about :clap: :clap: :clap:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look thru things, and who knows, you may find something that makes a little difference to how you feel :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Marlou » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Thanks guys :-D

:bear-dancing:
Marlou
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum Marlou :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Marlou » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks Shazq :wave:
Marlou
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi Marlou and :welcome: to the forum glad you have found us and hope we can help when you need it :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lala1626 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:45 pm

hi my name's lauren and im 21, been diagnosed with fibromyalgia start of feb this year after suffering through hospital appointments and lots of pain for the past 2 years,
im on acupan at the minute with amitriptaline at night and not doing a thing for me, being fobbed off at the drs every time i go and been told this is the last thing i can try which i think... is absolute rubbish?
would appreciate any advice anyone has on how to cope coz not doing very well at the moment, :(
thanks xxxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lauren :wave:

Sorry to hear you are suffering.
There are a few meds you could try for fibro so your Gp is talking rubbish :nono: sometimes it can take a combo of meds to get your pain under control but dont give up looking, here is a link to some of the meds used to treat fibro:-
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

Print it off and take it along to talk it through with your Gp.

Any questions just ask :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Missmjs » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi found this forum on f/b joined a few weeks ago but this is my first post, I'm Michelle I'm 39 and have had fibro c/f for six years, im single with 2 older kids who are helpful which is a godsend, I've got two westies who make me go out even when I don't want to! Somedays they are the reason I get up at all. I like reading and do assorted crafts, I live in Derbyshire in the midlands, thanks for reading
Missmjs
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:54 pm

:wave: :wave: Lauren and Michelle :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, hopefully there will be some some useful bits in there that might help :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: There's a lot of support for each other as well :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Lauren, if you GP still tries to fob you off, it might be an idea to see if there is another more understanding and helpful one at your surgery.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello