[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby denys » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi Pam and :welcome: to the forum your story sounds very familiar I hope we can offer you some support when you need it :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum Victoria & Pam :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Loopy_Lina » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Hi, I hope I am doing this right and in the right place!

I don't know what ails me, I have had pain and tiredness for 15 years now and no diagnosis. I am in my late 40s and live alone. Currently I am working, although I am really really struggling in so many ways. My income is low and I am finding everything very difficult to cope with at the moment.

I have long suspected FM/ME, but as the symptoms wax and wane and my lovely GP tends to focus heavily on my pesky depression, I am still nowhere near a diagnosis and haven't even broached the subject yet.

So, I am hoping to find out some information to see if my suspicions are correct, to find out how to discuss this with the doctor and to find out what I can do about it.

I am also looking forward to getting to know everyone on here, I promise I am not such a misery as I sound, it has been a long and painful day, I am just tired and it is late!

Lina x
Loopy_Lina
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:53 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lina :wave:

We have lots of info on the forum so have a good look around to see if you have any other symptoms.

Write all your systems down and then go through them with your GP, it can take a while to get a dx of fibro because it does not show up in any tests and other things have to be ruled out first.

Your Gp might refer you to a Rheumy although a lot of doctors are dx`ing fibro themselves now.

We are a friendly bunch on here so dont be scared to ask questions. :wine: :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:11 pm

:wave: :wave: Pam and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here that you may find helpful, as well as support for each other thru those not~so~great days :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Anything you want to know about, all you have to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:37 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: to you as well Lina :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I'm sorry to hear what you've been going thru with your different symptoms and trying to get a diagnosis for your problem :penguin: :penguin: You've no need to worry or apologise on here for those times when you're feeling rubbish, we all understand how living with a chronic pain problem pulls you down, so being able to get things out of your system with others who understand can help bring a little relief :penguin: :penguin:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/fibromyalg ... ction.aspx
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Chronic-fa ... ction.aspx
These linkys tell you about both FM and CFS/ME, if you have a look thru the stuff on there and see how your symptoms fit in with what is said. As Shaz has suggested, write down your symptoms, and if you have chance you could also try keeping a diary for a while about your symptoms. Showing how they change/flucuate, as well as possibly showing potential triggers may all help with you ultimately finding a name for your condition.

When you take your list of symptoms problems with you to see your GP, and go thru them, if you say something along the lines of you were wondering if it could be FM or CFS/ME based on your symptoms, then see what they have to say. Hopefully they will acknowledge the possibility and start looking into things to see if it could be FM. If they are still unhelpful, try seeing a different GP and see what they think. If you're still :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: you may need to consider finding a different surgery and see what they are like with similar situations.

Think I've waffled on enough for now :facepalm: :facepalm: Anything you want to know about, just ask away and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi to all the newbies who have joined recently and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Loopy_Lina » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:25 pm

Thank you so much for the lovely welcome and the brilliant advice.

I shall start a diary, that is a good idea and I need to chat with my GP as I feel I need to get this sorted once and for all, it has been long enough and it ain't getting any better!

I love the doggies in both your avatars, my life would improve muchly with a dog of my own (mean landlord, mutter, mutter). Luckily I have fab neighbours that let me borrow thier K9 antidepressants, lol.

Thanks again - I have a lot to discover here.
Loopy_Lina
UKFM Member

Postby angela king » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am

Hi all - my names Angie. I'm newly diagnosed with FMS.

I live in an over 55's community in Baildon, West Yorkshire & tho I'm one of the youngest residents & am surrounded by people in their 70's/80's & 90's, most of whom seem to have buckets more energy than me & a far better social life! This can get quite depressing at times when they're gadding off on holidays, coach trips, trolling off to the gym or dancing classes etc, whilst I'm trying to persuade myself to attempt to go to the local supermarket!

I live with Gandalf, a rescue dog, who was a poodle in a former life, but just an ageing scruff now (that could just as well apply to me!) Taking him for walks is both a challenge & a blessing, cos it gets me out & about, whether i want to or not!

What else to say? I've got family like everyone else, but my most supportive son/daughter-in-law live at the other side of the world & the rest of them are busy with their own lives - which is as it should be.

Like all of you, I'm struggling with acceptance of my life's limitations now & coping with the many symptoms of FMS is a daily challenge. Sometimes I win the fight - sometimes i dont - but I've learned already that dealing with one day at a time is the best approach to this - that & keeping a sense of humour.

As many of you say, there are many many people worse off. What we have may be debilitating & life-changing - but its not infectious, contagious, or terminal, & its wise to always remember that, because, however bad we may be feeling on any given day - there are always others who are carrying more than we are - & would gladly swap places.

Many thanks & hugs to all on this site for your advice, support, help & the giggles you often give me... keep on keeping on! Xxxxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer
angela king
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm

:wave: :wave: Angie and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

There is a lot of info and advice on here that you may find useful, so have a look around and see what there is :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

I love the sound of your doglet :dogrun1: Like you say, it is a challenge going out for walkies, with a blessing rolled up in it. I've been walked by my doglet this morning, and I'm not sure how I managed it but I didn't end up on my bum in the mud :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It is difficult to reach the part where we accept FM as part of our lives, but it is possible to get there. Taking things day~by~day is the best approach, as well as keeping the sense of humour :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anything you're wondering about or want to know, don't be afraid to ask as we're pretty friendly and only a bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: and we'll try to help you with an answer :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby angela king » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 pm

THANK YOU 'Fluffy Puppy'!
I would like to post a photo of my Gandalf on here - but not sure how to do that, instructions if you get time/chance, would help, tho it might take a while to sink in! Thanks again, angie Xxxx
angela king
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum Angela :wave:

When you want to add a photo go to reply then at the bottom you should see an upload attachment, click on that.

Or you can upload them direct from photobucket if you have that.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lala1626 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:15 pm

welcome angela,
hope you find what your looking for on here and make fibro friends!
Lauren xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:10 pm

This linky will hopefully explain how to upload a piccie Angie :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13285

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

uploadings photos

Postby angela king » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Fluffy Puppy... Many thanks for the instructions.
I should explain that I am to computers, what James Corden is to ballet!
To say i struggle with it is an under-statement!
I got as far as opening the pictures folder (& very pleased with myself at getting that far) when i came to a bad end. I didnt grasp the... 'If its in the wrong place - open up the right place & select it'.
I should further explain that I dont have a scanner. I can only post photos by using my web-cam & that's the only way i can post the photo of my dog, so it isnt on any file, if you get my drift (?)
I also dont have any of the other photo sites you mentioned. Reckon i'm sunk! :(
But thank you again for trying to help me - appreciate it, hugs Xxxxx
angela king
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello