[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:20 pm

:wave: :wave: Catherine and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Don't worry too much about not being sure how to go about things on here, there's usually someone around who can help, and it doesn't seem to take too long for people to find their way around on here :wave: :wave:

You're not alone in feeling low about not being able to do things, I think most of us have had similar times :( :( :( We have a topic with helpful sites listed on it, the latest post on it has helped the poster find some ideas about how to make household chores a bit easier, maybe it could be worth looking at to see if there is something on there that could be of help to you. Here's the linky to the topic viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12519

As you find you way around the boards, you'll see that there is a lot of info and advice on here, as well as support for each other as well all understand what this rotten condition puts us thru each day :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm

We have a craft section on here as there are quite a few creative people on here, so if you wanted to share anything about your creative hobbies with us, it would be lovely to hear about them :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you're wondering about or want to know about, all you need to do is ask about it and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 pm

:welcome: Catherine & Pauline :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi to everyone who has joined in the last few days and that I have missed :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bob a » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi folks, i am on here not as a sufferer but as a carer. My wife has been suffereing for a few years now and has good and better days. Hope to get a better understanding through all your posts and comments.

Bob
bob a
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:02 pm

:welcome: to the forum Bob :wave:

We have a few carers on here and lots on info so any questions just ask :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi Bob :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:55 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: Bob :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

With you being a carer, you may find this linky and the book you can download from it interesting http://www.fibromyalgia-support.net/book/ The author cares for his wife, who has FM, and it's about the different things they have experienced while living with FM, so there may be some helpful bits in there for both you and your wife :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: There is also a lot of info and advice on the forum as well.

If there's anything either you or you wife want to know, all you need to do is ask and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby bob a » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Excellent, thanks for the link and thanks for the welcome - always good to know you are not alone - although to save others going through it you wish you were.
bob a
UKFM Newbie

Postby pauline » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi to any newbies. Still getting used to the site but have been made very welcome as I am sure you will be. Take care......Pauline :wave:
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby pamb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi All, my name is Pam, I am nearly 48 years old, and I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia as recently as last Thursday, but have had it undiagnosed, since about 2007. I am head housekeeper at a private school in Scotland, happily married for nearly 22 years, have 1 beautiful daughter, aged 20, and a gorgeous tabby cat, Rajah. I love reading, hoping for a kindle in my birthday, as holding up books can be a bit of a pain, but don't do a lot of handiwork although I'd love to be able to sew my own clothes, etc. I also love to relax in front of the telly watching a good movie, or a documentary, crime show, etc. My fibromyalgia was undiagnosed in spite of my constant returns to the GP about the pain - it's like it never crossed their minds. Numerous blood tests were taken that revealed nothing untoward , and I got to the point where I felt that perhaps it was just all in my mind. But some days the pain was so bad, and I was so miserable, that my hubby convinced me to take one last shot at the doctors. The doctor could see that I was really battling that day and so referred me to the rheumatologist who, after some questions and a brief examination where he pressed all the painful areas, said it was fibro. I was so relieved to have a name to this pain and now feel that I can cope a bit better knowing what it is all about. Also, it's good to know that I am not going mental and that it is just brainfog. Of course, it doesn't help that I have just started menopause as well!!! LOL!!!! But never mind, just got to get on with it I suppose. Looking forward to meeting you all, and learning more about how we all get through our days!!! :-D
pamb
UKFM Newbie

Postby masonsbarms » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:28 pm

hi pam relativley new myself but this site is wonderful for help advice and support

hope you stay strong and be as well as possible xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum Pam :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Your story of being undiagnosed for several years is sadly one that a lot of us have experienced :( :( And being left wondering if it is real or in your head can be soul destroying until everything finally falls into place and someone gives you that long awaited name for the condition that has been plaguing you for so long :grouphug: :grouphug:

There is a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look thru things as there may be some helpful ideas that can help you handle things a little easier. There's also a lot of support for each other with the rubbish that FM drags along with it, as well as joining in the celebrations when someone posts something positive :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Anything you want to know about, all you need to do is ask and we'll see if we can help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mozza » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Wish there was a like button as there are so many posts i like lol xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Altho there isn't a "Like" button Mozza, there are a couple of things you can do to follow topics that you like/are interested in.

First of all you can subscribe to a topic, which lets you know when new posts have been made. Alternatively you can bookmark a topic to save you hunting thru all the others to find the one you're looking for.

To either subscribe or bookmark a topic, if you go down to the bottom of the topic page, you'll find the 2 options. To do either or both options, all you need to do is select it, confirm that you do want to subscribe and/or bookmark, and that's it, they'ready for you to look at.

To keep an eye on the topics you've decided to subscribe to/bookmark, access your User Control Panel, and you'll see the different options available on your Front Page.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Mozza » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Thanks again fluppy, what would i do without you. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello