[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby angela king » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm

angela king
UKFM Member

Postby angela king » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:34 pm

angela king
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:19 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Hello Angela and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby KEB43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Hi everybody :-D,

i am 43yrs old, married with 2 grown up boys and 1 grandson. I live in Sheffield and work from home. My hobbies are jigsaws, birdwatching, puzzles and spending time with friends. I also live in a Mini mad house and my hubby is restoring one. I was told i had Fibromyalgia 11yrs ago but have never had any tests or seen a Rheumatologist so not sure if it could be something else but do suffer some of the symptoms you are all talking about. Any help would be appreciated and hope i can help some of you lovely people too.

KEB x
KEB43
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Keb and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:13 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Carlaagnew » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:25 am

Hi everyone. My name is Carla I'm 24 years old and live in northern Ireland. (I almost feel like I'm writing some sort of advert for a profile lol). I would like to say I have hobbies but I don't really I have a fab husband (most days) and a gorgeous 16 month old Golden Lab who seems to make me smile even at my worst!

I have several conditions and a list from A to Z probably wouldn't list them all sadly. The main ones are Scolosis which I was diagnosed at 16 (which of course was too late to do anything), chronic pain disease diagnosed at 21, muscle damage diagnosed at 21, nerve damage diagnosed at 21, irregular heartbeat diagnosed at 23, epilepsy diagnosed at 24, sciatica diagnosed at 21, IBS diagnosed at 19, migraines at 12, ME at 24, and of course fibromyalgia at 21. I go to the doctor and come home with another condition it's great! Not!

So that's me! All medical conditions me!
Carla
Xo
Carlaagnew
UKFM Member

Postby KEB43 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:23 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome and replies. Yes it was my GP who told me i had Fibromyalgia but i only found out when i went to tell her i thought i had IBS and she said well it is part of your FMS, she said has no one told you, i had had it for about 2 years apparently, i just thought i was unfit and tired after running around after 2 young children. I will ask my GP about seeing a Rheumatologist.

Thanks KEB x
KEB43
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:51 pm

:wave: :wave: Carla and :welcome: to the forum :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Just throw all your conditions into the melting pot with the rest of ours and give it a stir. Hopefully mixing them all up together and boiling the life out of them might make us feel a bit less rubbish :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

As Lisa has said, there are quite a few dog lovers on here, as well as being owned by one, I'm owned by the spangle in my avatar :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We have a few labs around us and they're wonderful doglets :blowkiss: :blowkiss: OH's fave is the golden one, as for me, I'd bring all of them home if I could :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Hope you're finding the forum helpful, it's full of info and advice with just a bit of :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: to help in the daily quest of living with FM :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Just ask if they're anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi carla and :welcome: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:08 pm

:welcome: to the forum Carla & Keb :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Carlaagnew » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:00 pm

Thanks everyone I've got to the end of where I go with medical help so now I'm trying to talk and research it. So hopefully this will help! Fingers crossed!
Carla
Xo

---
Speak Soon

Carla

Xo
Last edited by denys on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removal of map indicating whereabouts
Carlaagnew
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi Carla, can you check you settings on tapatalk and make sure the option for showing where you are is turned off, its part of one of the basic rules of membership thanks :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby penzo » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello All,

Had a diagnosis last summer and have spent the time since then deciding that I was not going to be controlled by this condition. However, a number of months on with non stop pain and flare ups of ridiculous tiredness, I thought that it might be good to accept that this the way that things are for the time being and that it might be quite nice to talk to other people with the same problems.

I am 44, have a gorgeous husband of many years, two lovely teenagers and two super dogs - I consider myself to be a very lucky person.

So, hello everyone :-)
penzo
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello