[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum penzo :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:51 pm

:wave: :wave: and :welcome: penzo

Quite a few of us on here are owned by doglets, so you're in good company :clap: :clap: :clap:

As you look round you'll see that there is a lot of info and advice on here, support for when you need it, and hopefully a friendly vibe that will help you settle in :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Just ask if there's anything you want to know about, and we'll try to help you with it :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dmmatthews64 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello All,
My name is Donna and I'm a newbie to the site. I work full time as an IT consultant (which can be very challenging some days). I have a civil partner named Pam, who keeps me sane. I started a blog a few months ago just to have somewhere to vent really. It kind of a Fibroblog and a mix of general life. If you would like to read it it is at http://onewomansview.net/
I'm not sure what I'm expecting from joining just that I think I need a bit wider circle.
Looking forward to some good conversations.
-Donna
dmmatthews64
UKFM Newbie

Postby angela king » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:11 pm

angela king
UKFM Member

Postby angela king » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm

angela king
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 01, 2012 1:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum Donna :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue May 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi Penzo and Donna and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby melaniep » Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 pm

hello im new my name is mel, i had a neck and shoulder injury and since then have become ill.my physio thought it may be fibromyalgia so does my gp,she sent me to see a rhymataliost and now he sending me to a nuerolagiost? i think i got fibro but i need confirmation.I know by reading the forum etc we all have a big struggle ahead, sorry about my spellings its good to say hi x
melaniep
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Tue May 01, 2012 11:36 pm

hi to all newbies :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

so many i can't keep up :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

welcome to you all :-D
loads on here, have a good read and any questions just ask
always someone on here and always willing to help :-D :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mel :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby MelanieB » Sun May 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Hi

I've recently been "diagnosed" with FM. I say diagnosed, but it was more me going to my GP (yet again) and suggesting I think I may be suffering from FM and her agreeing and suggesting I try Amitryptiline, which I have just started at 10mg at night. Don't get me wrong, I like my GP and think she does take me seriously but you never know in the five minutes you get with them.

I am confused though and not really sure if I am right about having FM as a lot of people on here seem to be a lot lot worse than I feel, but when I read through the sypmtoms of FM it was like reading my life. It made me feel happier knowing there was something to justify how I felt and that I wasn't just a hypocondriac or just plain making it up (as I feel people do think). I still don't think a lot of people will take FM seriously, so don't know how to deal with that.

Basically, I ache all the time and have achy pain in hands, fingers, wrists, neck, shoulders, back, hips and knees and feet. I generally feel tired all the time and could sleep for england. I don't have trouble sleepings I do tend to sleep all night, but wake up feeling just as tired as when I went to bed but in so much pain sometimes my husband has to push me out of bed to get me going. I'm also very lethargic when it comes to doing anything to be honest, I don't go out much anymore as I find myself tiring quickly. Then I have additional symptoms of allergies and sinus problems, migraines and have a headache most days and get up to two or three migraines a month.

I am still working full time though I do struggle with work and then housework when I return home. I will be speaking to my boss next week about my diagnosis so not sure what will happen after that. I can't afford to reduce my hours, so I suppose there isn't any real solution there.

Thanks for letting me go on and any help or advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
Melanie
Melanie B
XxXxX
MelanieB
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 06, 2012 3:04 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby MelanieB » Sun May 06, 2012 4:34 pm

[/quote]
Melanie, workwise, you should be covered by the Equalities Act, which means employers are legally required to make reasonable adjustments to a staff members' work environment when the staff member advises them of their illness/disability. When you speak to your boss, ask how this applies to you, if your boss doesn't know, then your union rep (if you have one)or occy health type people should be able to advise you. If they are unsure, the Disability Employment Advisor (DEA) based in JobCentrePlus should be able to help out. This linky tells you more about the DEA viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10001[/quote]

Thank you. I will read up on this. I'm lucky that I work for the NHS and they are usually quite good and have a dedicated Occy Health Department.
Melanie B
XxXxX
MelanieB
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun May 06, 2012 5:57 pm

:welcome: to the forum Melanie :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun May 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Mel and Melanie and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello