[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby SianyH0911 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello, My name is Sian and I'm 39 years young.

I have 2 great boys, 21 and 11 and 2 great step children, 21 and 16. I have a Rotty named Deefa who is 6 years old. She is he daughter I never had :-)

I used to sell new houses for a well known housing company and currently work for an energy company and have been for 4 years. When I first started I was a meter reader and I loved it :-D I used to walk for miles and miles each day meet loads of really nice people. (I even got humpt by I very large dog which was quite scared but my boss was wetting himself :lol: ) While working as a meter reader I caught a really bad cold and thought, with Swine flu about at the time that I might of got it. Since being off with that I've been bad. I got diognosed with Fibro about 6 months ago, not from my Neurolgist (who I was seeing 6 monthly) but after 3 1/2 years of suffering we asked for a second opinion and he told me its a brain chemical imbalance or Fibromyalgia/CFS!!! :roll:

Well here, 6 months later, all I want to do is make people aware of FM and how it affects lives because everything in MY life has changed but nobody knows what it is. :?:
SianyH0911
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue May 08, 2012 3:02 pm

:welcome: to the forum Sian :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Rosie xo » Wed May 09, 2012 11:51 am

Hi I'm Rosie :-)

I'm 22 and was diagnosed with FM in January 2012 after having symptoms for about 2 and a half yrs. I work full time in accounts and I love where I work. I am very lucky in that respect.

Also got a supportive family but unfortunately they struggle to understand!

Because my doctor doesn't know an awful lot about FM and my rheumy has discharged me (because apparently I'm self-managing fine without the need for a regular consultation) I am a bit stuck when it comes to dealing with my condition.

After trying all ofthe obvious meds (paracetamol, ibuprofen, codeine, cocodamol, tramadol) which do not have an effect on my pain, I am now on gabapentin.

I try my best to make the most out of what I have and it's a case of laugh now, cry later. I know this can't help my FM but I refuse to let it stop me living!

So I'm here to connect with fellow FM sufferers and also for support as I know how lonely it can make you feel.

Gentle hugs to all.
XOXOX
Rosie
XOXO

There is a light that never goes out.
Rosie xo
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed May 09, 2012 11:54 am

hi Sian and Rosie and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby seaside153denise » Wed May 09, 2012 2:16 pm

hi . i am denise . just told i have fibromyalgia by my doctor after years of wondering whats wrong with me . so many tests ruled out so now say i must have fibromyalgia. i am in my 50s and have been married 39 years in june and have 3 daughters 36/34/25 and 3 grandaughters 13/5/ 10wk old . i look after my 86 yr old mother . i work in a shop just fri sat sun as then family here for mum . some days are bad with the aching and then some are good . new to all this so trying to learn what to do on the bad days , thanks for your time reading this from denise x
seaside153denise
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed May 09, 2012 3:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum Rosie :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby JasonPerrett » Mon May 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi my name is Jason and I’ve been suffering from Fibromyalgia since I was diagnosed in 2008. Over the past 18 months I’ve been suffering from severe pains on my left side under and on top of the lower section of my ribs. The pain occurs when in doing twisting movements with my mid section and causes my left side to go in to spasm which lasts for up to 20 minutes and stays painful for a day or two afterwards. My GP has done many tests on me regarding this issue but is unable solve it He has suggested that I contact fellow sufferers and ask if any of you have suffered from the same pain. Any help on this matter would be of great help as the pain is interfering with my day to day life.

Many Thanks

Jason
JasonPerrett
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon May 14, 2012 7:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jason :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby brook63 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:30 am

brook63
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 15, 2012 3:24 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Pixie_Convery » Wed May 16, 2012 8:02 am

Hi I'm pixie I'm 26 :-D
I work at the local hospital on the children's unit and have been there almost 6 years now I have an adorable little pup a called Beau,my sister has been diagnose with FM about 10 years ago and I was just diagnosed last week.

I have been suffering with joint pain since I was 16 but it ha gotten worse in the last 3 years with other sympoms headaches,IBS,muscle twitching/ticing back pain,distrubed sleep and feeling constantly tiredthe list goes on :oops: and after the umpteenth time of my Drs looking at me like I was nuts because they "couldn't see any signs of swelling" and throwing a higher dose of naproxen ect than the time before I asked for a rheumatology referral in November last year (I had also been told I had a slipped disc by the same G.P)

I got my OPA in feb,They did some X-rays and MRI's on my back and lumbar an I was told to come back in 3 months time where Ironically I was seen by a colleague of mine where she did something to some pressure points I didn't even know I had :-? and she nearly had to peel me from the ceiling :shock: and went thought my test results which showed general wear and tear and a stress fracture to my lower spine and since there is no good reason for t to be there they are now checking me for metabolic bone diseases.

I went back to the Drs yesterday becuase i was really run down and wanted to check if my information hadbeen passedon orif my blood test results had come back but nosuch luck as of yet im told it can take awhile.

Apart from that I love to read (ridiculously my back bedroom is loving reffered to as the library by everone) an have just invested in a kindle which is much better on the wrists than my books, and I keep as active as my joints will allow me with my friends :-D
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed May 16, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split into clearer paragraphs for easier reading
Pixie_Convery
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 16, 2012 12:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum pixie :wave: :wave: :wave:

We have a lot of info and advice on here, so have a look round and you may come across some useful suggestions and ideas.

Just ask if there's anything you want/need to know about and we'll try to help you with an answer :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm

:welcome: to the forum Pixie
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby JasonPerrett » Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Yes i was diagnosed by my local Rheumatologist clinic back in 2008. My GP is baffled by this pain in my stomach and after a sereve attack on Thursday waking me up in the early hours being sick, I went back to my normal GP who was concerned on how grey and ill I looked and is sending me into hospital for an ultrasound on my stomach and also a camera into my stomach. So I am hoping they will be able to find out was is causing this awful pain.

Were you diagnosed by your GP in 2008, and what tests has he been doing? Your GP should refer you to a Consultant Rheumatologist at your local hospital. They have the best knowledge and treatment regime. They also are the ones to diagnose this condition.

I was going to my GP for quite sometime with my symptoms, only to be told it was "probably" stress. At that time I was a Medical Secretary, so I asked around and was told I needed a proper assessment. That was in 2004, and a diagnosis of FM was made. My tests showed I was also borderline Lupus.

If you have not seen a Rheumatologist yet, ask your GP for a referral. Good luck.[/quote]
JasonPerrett
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat May 19, 2012 7:46 pm

Hi to all the newbies I have missed in the last couple of days and :welcome: to the forum, Jason have they ruled out costo for the pain in your ribs??? Hopefully they will be able to find out what is causing your pain at your appointment. Only thing that helps me with specific pain is heat in that area :?: :?: :?:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello