[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby sparkey » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Karen gemma

I see we have a few things in common i live in Bournemouth my dog is my best mate he is a springer called Defer just like me i see you have trouble sleeping, and its strange that when u are able to do things for others you have loads of best mates funny where are they now.
Did u go to the CFS clinic in Warham Still Welcome and just jump in and have fun we all need fun

Sparkey
sparkey
UKFM Member

dorset

Postby karengemma » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi I live very near Abbotsbury. Its a very pretty village and quiet in the winter but loads of people in the summer.

I'm treated at Dorchester for fm never been to wareham sorry

Take care Kaz xx
tomorrows got to better
Luv Kaz xx
karengemma
UKFM Newbie

Postby princess » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi im 56 years of age. A mum of two adult children and a granny of one little princess aged 18 months.
I live in North East Scotland and have had this frustrating illness since Xmas 95.
I was a in Social Work for many years and then did Therapy Dog work as a volunteer till i beame too ill to continue.
I love making cards and give them to my local hospice.
Just learning computers, so forgive any mistakes and this is the first forum i have been on.
I have enjoyed meeting some really nice people and i am so grateful to those i have spoken too in pms and on forum for all the advice and consideration shown to me on bad days.
Nice to meet you all.
princess
princess
UKFM Regular

Hello there! I'm new here!

Postby CraftyCrow » Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:06 pm

Hello there! :wink:
I'm new here and thought I'd say few bits about myself. I'm Crow (nickname - don't worry!) because I love them. There is something wonderfully amusing about their noisy alarm call manner on the roof in the early morning. They always cheer me up :lol: .
I'm 33, married to a supportive husband, no kids but 1 dog, she's a little gem and keeps me happy. I got fibro after a back injury last April, but didn't get my diagnosis until January this year, which compared to some is relatively quick I imagine.
I've had to stop work, pain :cry: and brain fog :shock: are my worst things, but I try to keep upbeat, silly and positive.

Nice to meet you all,
Looking forward to talking,
Crow x x
At least no-ones suggested leeches... yet.
CraftyCrow
UKFM Member

Postby sile » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi all, I,m Sile. Im coming up for 50 and have two daughters 24 and 26 and two granddaughters 3 and 4. I currently work part time as a tutor with adults who have learning disabilities. I live in Cardiff. I only got diagnosed with FM yesterday but have had it for years, just didnt know what it was (and neither it would appear did my gp) Am I ever glad to find you all and this site, just sorry it had to be because of our condition. Look forward to getting to know you all. :D
sile
UKFM Member

Postby MISS BUNNYPENNY » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi sile welcome to the forum :)
coventry brittle kid
I LIKE WALKING IN THE RAIN -NO 1 SEES YOUR TEARS
LORD=keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth....AMEN
Sarcasm-Its beats killing people/
Just when I was getting used to yesterday,along came today.
MISS BUNNYPENNY
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi Sile and welcome to the forum (((xxx))) I'm 50 and in Cwmbran and used to work as a teaching assistant with special needs kids :shock: SNAP :lol:

Hope you find us helpful and informative and most of all friendly (((xxx)))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby sile » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi Gill, nice to hear from you. Cwmbran eh? just up the road. Have been trying to find support groups in the area. Noticed one in Barry shown on the site and have got in touch to try to find out more but so far no reply. Do you know if this is still going or if there are any others nearby :?: Notice you were in special needs too. I bet you miss it- I teach mainly art, photography and pottery but obviously been having a wee bit difficulty over time but keep on going. Am not sure if this is going to get worse cos I dont know a lot about fm with just being diagnosed. Been trying to find out more. This site has been really useful and im getting some answers thanks to everyone relating their experiences.
Regards
Sile
sile
UKFM Member

Postby sile » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi Miss Bunnypenny, nice to hear from you and thanks for welcoming me. I just want to say I love your sense of humour. You make me laugh and thats a rarity recently.
Regards
sile :D
sile
UKFM Member

Postby mistyblu » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi Crafty Crow
love your name, i was in Arizona earlier this year and we were always greeted wherever we went by one or more crows.
I see you are in Bristol, my wonderful boyfriend lives there and i spend every weekend up there with him. The rest of the time i am at home in north devon

Misty
mistyblu
UKFM Member

Hello and thanks

Postby Dotty » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:47 pm

Hi my name's "Dotty" and today I was given my diagnosis today by the rheumy doc for fibro, and I believe like most of you knew that's what I had but needed to have it confirmed - just in case I was wrong. My feelings are mixed at the moment, some relief at getting the answer but that starts a bundle of new questions. Having been on the forum as a guest for sometime I think you know how I feel. I also wanted to say a big thank you for all the info given on the site and for making me laugh and even though I've not participated on the forum you helped to stop my feelings of isolation.
I'm 54 on my birthc., but I don't take to much notice of that as my mind can feel 24 and my body 154 :) . Im married and have one son 20. Also a border terrier dog 10month old - who we all love to bits and a half gummy cat with attitude!
I've probably droned on enough for my first post apart from saying I look forward to speaking to you all.

(This is the first time I've been on any type of forum so apart from being green at the whole process, I'm hoping I press the right buttons)
you don't have to be daft to have fibro - but it helps!
Dotty
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Hi Dotty and welcome to the forum, sorry about the FM though. Hope you find us helpful, friendly and informative. (((xxx)))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby AMS » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:03 pm

HI EVERYONE MY NAME IS ANNETTE I AM 41 MARRIED AND HAVE A 17YR OLD SON, I HAVE JUST RECENTLY (1 WEEK AGO TO BE EXACT) BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO.
I LIKE MANY PEOPLE HAD NOT HEARD OF THIS CONDITION SO WAS SHOCKED WHEN I REALISED WHAT IT WAS, 8) I HAVE READ AS MUCH INFO AS I CAN FIND ON THE NET ABOUT IT AND HAVE BEEN BACK TO MY OWN GP TO DISCUSS PAINKILLERS TO TAKE ALONG WITH THE ANTI DEPRESSANTS THAT THE HOSPITAL HAVE PRESCRIBED, WHEN I TOLD HIM I HAD READ ABOUT THIS CONDITION HE REPLIED THAT I WAS NOT TO WORRY THAT IT WAS NOT AS BAD AS THE INFO WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE!!!! SO WHERE DOES THAT LEAVE ME KNOW?
CONFUSED AND SCARED, WHY DO PAINKILLERS NOT KILL THE PAIN, WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS PAIN THAT MAKES IT ANY DIFFERENT TO OTHER PAIN?
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING FROM SOME OF YOU OUT THERE WITH LOADS OF HELP, ADVISE AND SUPPORT REGARDS ANNETTE
8)
ANNETTE
AMS
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Hi Annette and welcome to the forum (((xxx)))

Any questions just ask and someone will be along to help if they can. I look forward to reading your posts.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby sarclanat » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:59 am

sarclanat
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello