[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby dizzydoc » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:27 pm

Hi i am 69 yrs young lady just diagnosed with fybro after feeling unwell off and on for years , i also have type 1 diabetes ,which happily is well controlled , i have had a lot of family stress these past few years , is it possible that the stress i have suffered has brought the fybro on
After visiting my GP this morning i was practically told to keep taking the pain killers and get on with it

I tried to ask about associated problems ,but felt fobbed off , i am very emotional , very tired , depressed at times and of course in pain

i am going to join a local support group ,i do hope it helps
dizzydoc
UKFM Newbie

Postby heather trippett » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:46 pm

hi :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: your not alone my doctor thinks im crazy to :yikes:
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Postby lds » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 pm

Hi, my name is Lynn and I have been married for 23 years and have a 19 year old daughter called Emma. Emma is a student at Leeds Uni, she has CFS and is wheelchair bound. Fortunately my husband is healthy!

I have decided to join you as I feel quite isolated.My fibromyalgia has flared up, which has left me in a wheelchair and often on bed rest.

My hobbies are cross stitch, tapestry, reading, jig-saws and I have just started adult colouring this week.(It is surprisingly therapeutic).
lds
UKFM Newbie

Postby purdy13 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:20 am

Hi my name is Chrissie. I have had fibro, hate that word ,call it Freddie, for over 25 years, but only confirmed about 6 years ago.How i hate freddie, but he is part of me now, and shares his life with me.Like all of you ,i have good days and bad. One thing i do know, is he will never beat me ,no matter how hard he tries. I am looking forward to chatting with you all, i will not feel so alone then, hard enough being An Antigue little girl ( O.A.P.) lol. Bye for now.
purdy13
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:29 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: :welcome: to our little escape from it all xx

Apologies to all our new joinees, for the delay is saying Hello's xx We try and pop on to see who has joined us and if we can help in any way as often as we can, sometimes tho, it's not as often as we would like to be able to do xx

Have a looky around the place as the boards are packed with info and advice, and anything you may be wondering about, or want to know, either ask, or try the search function in the top right corner of each page. It will bring up all references to what you are searching for all the way back to when the forum was established, and who nose what little gem of info it could throw up for you xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Dizzikitty » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:46 am

Hi All

well, i'm clare, 37 from north London. I don't have an official diagnosis of fibromyalgia yet but the osteopath seems to think thats what my pain is all about. The GP doesnt want to give it a label other than "back and neck pain". Its the same battle as i had for endometriosis if i'm honest - took me eight years for that so heh. Anyhow, my husband and i are starting to make plans based on what the osteopath thinks it is.

GP was right i guess - "it is what it is".

Anyhow i'm "mum" to two lovely dogs who keep me going when i can, married to a very understanding and long suffering husband (wow 11 years this year). I also have a range of small animals and used to walk marathons for fun.... now i'm lucky if i can get 200 meters. Had pain in my joints and entire spine since about November, being taken ill in December and off for a month from work then. Battling with all the usual i'm sure to you guys - the fatigue, pain and feeling like the inside of a pharmacy with pain meds.

I sound really down, guess i am after my GP appointment last night but thats for a different post. Pleased to meet you all and hope there are some lively chats etc on here.

Thanks

Clare
Dizzikitty
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi Clare

:welcome: Welcome to the forums :-)

You are not alone in your battle with your GP. You could insist that your GP refers you to see a rheumatologist, ask to see a different GP in the practice or change GP.

Take care
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Dizzikitty » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:31 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm going to ask my osteopath about writing to my GP before deciding whether to change or not. The problem I have is that the one I see is the reasonable one in the practice, the other one is cold and just wants you out of the room. He did say that they can write to him with "whatever label they want to put on it" ... After my saying "the osteopath has suggested it could be" ... I've checked the best practice guidelines for referrals for back pain and the primary care pathway for gp's in this area and they say referral of severe pain after six weeks- well that was some significant time ago.

maybe he will listen to them. He sure isn't listening to me. It's that or I wait another 12 months before asking for repeat prescription and say - it's still there :p

Clare
Dizzikitty
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Good luck Clare :-)
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby Peachdigi » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi, my name is Lin,

I live in Bedfordshire with my little dog Darcy, a mini schnauzer. I enjoy taking her on walks and seeing my grandchildren.

My GP told me today that I have fibromyalgia and so I am just getting my head round it, but it does explain a lot of things that have been happening. I have had for a long time but only now I have a name for it.

I am a very positive sort of person so I am sure I will deal with it in the best possible way with a little help and information on this forum.
I look forward to catching up with the latest news

Lin
Peachdigi
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dizzikitty » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:00 pm

Awwww welcome to you and you're beardy dog - you have such a positive outlook!

I have my furkids who are also mini schnauzers called Loki and Luna- they keep me going when I'm on a bad day. Good job on your GP as well! May need to move up the m1 a little.

Welcome and hope you're on a good day :) X
Dizzikitty
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sunshinegirl » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi all, another newbie here. Diagnosed 5 years ago with FM and OA. Although I believe I have had FM a lot longer, just like you all, I struggled to be taken seriously and get a diagnosis.
Just wanted to say a big thank you, I have just had a really bad flare and went over to the dark side for a while, the one good thing that came out of it was I finally joined the forum. Looking for other "aliens" out there. And I found you all ! As I have read through your posts I have been more and more thankful....not that you are all suffering.... But that I am not going mad, and not "making up or imagining my symptoms" as I have often been told. I no longer feel alone. So thank you all very much. And newbie in Southend ? I am currently living in Spain but returning home the week after next to Leigh on sea. I will be in touch. Chin up, we are no longer alone. :-x
Sunshinegirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sassle » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi All!

My name's Vicki and I'm 31 from Manchester. Currently working full time on the Civil Service Fast Stream graduate scheme and recently been diagnosed with FM after ten long years of constant complaining to various GPs!

Main issues are with severe fatigue and muscle pain but I'm determined to fight on as long as possible.

My interests are mostly quite sedate these days as energy levels are dwindling by the day but when I do feel up to it and have the cash I like to add to my tattoo collection! Fingers crossed next Friday will see a new addition :-D

Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here and hopefully making some amazing new friends.

Vicki xxx
Sassle
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:09 am

:welcome: everyone :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jillsjems » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Hi all, my name is Jillian, I have two lovely children aged 27 and 33 and a very understanding husband.
I have recently been diagnosed with FM, I have been looking on the forum for a while and it has helped me understand things. I think that my FM has started from trauma however I have been diagnosed with general aches and pain for a long while. I am epileptic and have just recently had a partial knee replacement. I now work part time and it is a perfect job for me, how long I can carry on with it I don't know. I am a very positive person who has always said never give up.
I understand that I have FM now but I don't yet know when to say ok enough is enough for today until it totally whacks me out.
Hoping to find some new friend and to join in on some of the topics :-) :crazy:
jillsjems
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello