Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Introduce yourself ((xx))

Postby Billy_Cove » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:47 pm

Good evening, and thank you for your replies.

Jamie - I can totally relate to your situation. I am sure the depression comes from the lack of support and care we feel that people give us, I played Semi Professional football at a very high standard for many years so family and friends assume i'm able to cope with "a few aches and pains". little do they know, that every move I make, I am crippled by pain.

As well as the pain, my memory is really poor right now (FibroFog), do you get this?

you're not alone mate, I will be popping on here as much as possible to share our experiences, so please feel free to let off some steam whenever you need to!

Billy :)
Billy_Cove
UKFM Newbie

Postby Billy_Cove » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:53 pm

LindyM66 wrote:Hiya Billy

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in April of this year, after years of to'ing and fro'ing to my GP.
Long story short - in February, my whole body seized up and I experienced severe pain all over. Absolutely horrendous!
Anyhoo, I am on Gabapentin 300mgs x 3 a day, and 100mgs of tramadol x 4 a day. Doesn't keep me completely pain free, but manageable - mostly!
I can't share any experience of the meds you're on, as I don't have RA, but in reading about it, it is a possible side effect. I hope the Drs can sort this out for you Billy. I can imagine how difficult it must be, to cope with both.
I find that heat really helps my pain. I have heated seats, electric heat pads, and the little wheat bags that you heat in the microwave. I have widespread pain, so I use them for the worst parts. Maybe someone will invent a heated body suit ;-)

Take Care
Much Love
Lindy x

A heated suit, now theres an idea!! :-D
Billy_Cove
UKFM Newbie

Postby Billy_Cove » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:54 pm

Claire'scomfycorner wrote:Hi Billy

Welcome to our fibro family :welcome:

Hugs
Claire
x

Thanks for having me Claire :-D
Billy_Cove
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jamie1964 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 pm

thanks for replying Billy. Yeah, Fibro fog finally got me diagnosed! i had my 8 month old granddaughter with me,for a few hours. For a very frightening 20 mins of which I could not remember her name, which left me very distressed. i noticed my memory getting worse, but This was the final straw. it still frightens me .They say, some cases of FM are caused by trauma, stress, injury?23 yrs ago, I lost 2 children in RTA. I also had bad head injury, and stress is mostly a daily occurance. I WORRY constantly, understandably, for everyones health and safety. (my adult kids still text or report in every evening ----- they joke about it,but do as I ask.) Any advice as to how I could learn to relax? my anxiety levels go thru the roof at times, which sends the FM into overdrive. I have dealt very well with my trauma and injuries, but feel now I am fighting a loosing battle . as the Fatigue is leaving me battle weary. :pull-hair: Plz, advice :(
Jamie1964
UKFM Newbie

Postby maggie67 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Hi I'm Maggie,

i'm 49 and have 3 children and 5 Grandchildren. I have fibromyalgia and thought would maybe see if anyone wanted to chat.
maggie67
UKFM Newbie

Postby lori1963 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi ime Lorraine, ime 54 and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 3 years ago. It has completely changed my life and I miss the person I was before this illness took hold of me. :( x
lori1963
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi Maggie and Lori,

I hope the site will provide some comfort and useful information.

Stephen
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby spencykins » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Hello,
My name is Amy, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 3 days ago, WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?? My head is, of course, filled with questions and worst case scenarios, my boyfriend thought this might be a positive thing for me to join so I don't feel so alone or like my head might explode! :lol:
It would be great to find other people in Dorset, or anywhere really!, who have fibromyalgia, and find out what things are on offer that they find help them.
Anyway, I'll stop jabbering on now!
Amy xx
spencykins
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Welcome Amy, glad to see you here

Stephen
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:24 pm

:welcome: Amy

Glad you have found us, lots of information and help here :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby andysalisbury » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am

Good morning everyone, at least I hope you are having a reasonable one. Thought I would introduce myself, surprisingly am Andy close to Salisbury. I am not a Fibro sufferer, but my wife is, diagnosed in 2007 and just given ill health retirement. Came across the site doing research for her PIP and ESA. Am 59, she is 56, second marriage for both and we have 5 children and 4 children between us.
My thoughts are often lonely, but scanning through the posts here, came up with two at once.

Are there any people out there in the Salisbury area? I know my wife wants to get out and meet others who suffer. The nearest support group I can find is in Swindon.

It seems that a number of U.S. Carers are less understanding than we should be. Could I recommend that those who feel that way, get their other half to log on here and read through some of the posts. It gives a good understanding of things that might not be discussed at home.

Wishing you all a good day.

Andy
andysalisbury
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Andy, I've just checked and we have this information on the site. If it isn't up to date let us know.

South Central England
Salisbury Fibromyalgia Café

We have recently set up a Fibromyalgia Café at our practice in Salisbury, Wiltshire which is launching on April 27th. This is going to run on the 4th Thursday of every month from 1pm – 2:30pm and will not just be open to our patients.

The main aim of the group is to provide peer support to attendees so it is going to be very informal, just somewhere people can go to chat and make friends – we call it a café as everyone is provided with free tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits and it takes place in the onsite café at the practice. The man that is going to facilitate the group is living with fibromyalgia himself and is really excited to set up a group and also arrange other meetings and activities with the members throughout the month (if they like).

Salisbury Medical Practice, Fisherton House, Fountain Way, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 7FD

Tel 01722 333 034

email katy.gillingham@nhs.net

Horndean Fibromyalgia Support group
Email
Telephone 08453455942 Christchurch and district Fibromyalgia Support group
Email
Telephone 01425 274295
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:54 pm

andysalisbury wrote:
It seems that a number of U.S. Carers are less understanding than we should be. Could I recommend that those who feel that way, get their other half to log on here and read through some of the posts. It gives a good understanding of things that might not be discussed at home.

Andy

:welcome: Andy

So glad you came aboard and also to support your wife. We do have some partners registaring and posting. The carers and partners are just as important and we welcome all those to come in and have a look around and to feel free to ask for any advice. If the questions are too personal then we have a private board for registared members only or you can always personal message me and I will try to help or forward you onto the correct information etc...

I have noticed such a high number of people going through appeals and I will at some point post up information on this. I am myself awaiting an assessment for PIP or a paper based decision so I will see for myself the incorrect information they give out before I post my topic to help others.

Your wife is welcome to join us on the forum.

If you need any help just post :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby andysalisbury » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:31 pm

Perseus thanks for the info.

Lisa, two immediate things spring to mind for Assessment, have someone there, the report does not reflect what was said. Also, do not dress respectably, they hold it against you, wear old dirty clothes, scuffed shoes or slippers, do not wash and tidy hair, no make up. The worse you look the better!
andysalisbury
UKFM Newbie

Postby Kezzabella83 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:35 am

Hi everyone, I'm 34, I have 3 kids, 7-5-2 they are my world :-D my hubby is amazing couldn't be without him. I only found out I had fibromyalgia and ddd in October last year been fighting a long time to find out what was wrong with me, originally I was told I had oastioarthritis and a twisted spine. We love animals we have 5 cats guinepig and fish 8-) looking forward to getting to know you all, it's a lonely road this fibro. Xx
Kezzabella83
UKFM Newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello