Introduce yourself ((xx))

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby sparkey » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:14 am

Hi Sally
welcome to the friendly site, ask anything and someone will be there with a opinion, its sometimes helps to know you are not going crazy when others have the same pain as you.

Sparkey
sparkey
UKFM Member

Postby Dotty » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi Sally, I like to do xstitch as well. I would go crackers if I didn't do something, and it helps to to distract my mind from the pain. I have only taken it up fairly recently so open to any tips. The weather is wet, windy and feels like Autumn so that always cranks up the pain. Hope others are having a better day.
Dotty
you don't have to be daft to have fibro - but it helps!
Dotty
UKFM Member

Hi Just to say hello

Postby anne1206 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:52 pm

new to this forum stuff,but finding it so useful and definately dont feel so alone now. I am 54 yrs old, and an ex bus driver,have had this horrible illness for three years but only recently diagnosed, have some walking mobility but for very small periods of time, I am so lucky to have a very supportive husband, reading others posts certainly makes me feel I have friends out there, when you cant get out because of this wretched condition friends and family seem to stop inviting you, thank the lord for computers (lol) thanks all of you :)
anne1206
UKFM Member

Postby Dotty » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi Anne, I'm also 54, 55 this month. My mobility isn't good, but unlike some I can get out but can't walk for long. Like today I was able to go to the supermarket but got slower and slower as I walked around. That was it though, finished when I came home. Trouble is I get really irritable when I've used up any reserve that I may have built up. Nobody can do right, perhaps I should go to bed and pull the duvet over my head :)
Or well tomorrows another day - sweet dreams :lol:
Dotty
UKFM Member

Postby sarclanat » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:42 am

Isn't it just a bummer when you really have to adjust so much because you cant walk to far? I do a lot of Cross stitching, yet if i need to get anything from out local craft shop, i cant do it when i do my food shop as its the opposite end of town, usually have to make a separate trip on another day or get my daughter to get it for me, hate having to depend on anyone, i have always been so independent, nights out are a no no as well, went to a concert a few weeks back with youngest daughter, took me a fair few days to recover from that.

I refuse to allow it to get the better of me, but things like shopping etc that people take for granted are slowly becoming more of a luxury to me
sarclanat
UKFM Member

Postby Loopy lou » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:27 pm

HI Guys
I'm 29 and have 2 kids, one is 4 and the other is 2, i have been suffering from FM for 4 years and i have just had my diagnosis.
I live in Bristol, i have been married for 5 years.
I used to have lot's of hobbies, rugby, going out etc but, sadly, FM has taken that away.
Now, i love watching dramas and comedies, reading to my kids, and ordering my husband around (see there are some perks to FM!!!!!!!!!)
I am new to this site but i have already found some really useful information.
Keep smiling
x x x x xx x x x x x
:D
Loopy lou
UKFM Member

Postby steepdene » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:17 am

Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm 37. I have two kids, Thomas who's 16 and has just finished his GCSE's and Jake who's nearly 3. Yes I know it's a big gap!

I've had fibro for a number of years now, sorry brain fog makes it difficult to remember how long. Having a bit of a flare up at the moment, due to stuff going on in my life, which I won't bore you with now.

I currently work 30 hours a week for the local Council, but am due to have an interview shortly because of my sickness record. They're trying to say I'm not medically able to do my job. Well they're going to have a fight on their hands, work is what keeps me going and stops me retiring to my bed permanently.
steepdene
UKFM Member

Postby sarclanat » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:48 am

Hi Sarah

Welcome to the forum, there is also 13 years age gap between my eldest two, brain fog affects most if not all of us here, look forward to chatting with you
sarclanat
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am

HI Sarah nice to meet you... my kids are 18, 13 and 5, bit of a shock with the last one but I wouldn't be without him.

Hope the fog clears soon (((xxx)))
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby AMS » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi everyone and welcome,

I am quite new to the forum, and still a bit nervous chatting to everyone I'm annette and have been married 18 years with a 17yr old son,
I thought i would have had loads of kids as i am 1 of 7 myself, but my son was born spina bifida and hydrocephalus and we worried that much that the time never seemed right to have a second (selfish i suppose but thats how it is)
we have 3 yorkshire terriers though ( 1 that I show and the youngest we hope to breed form when she is old enough) so i suppose this has kept me busy since carl (my son) does'nt need me so much, he's very independent and has turned out a lovely young man.

have you all visited the forum cafe yet they do a mean coffee and chocolate cake and I'm hoping to call in soon, may bump into some of you there c u all soon nette x :D
ANNETTE
AMS
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Hi Nette and welcome to the forum (((xxx))) Nothing to be nervous about, we're a friendly bunch and you'll find a lot of helpful people who understand what you're going through. See you in the cafe, whatever you want we've got it.

Gill x x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Good morning

Postby Ann Yates » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi my name's Ann better known as Anni to my friends. I will assume from now on that you will all be my friends and that I will be yours. I am 51 and have been married to a very loving supportive husband for 10yrs. I live in a small fishing village on the West Coast of Scotland and originally come from Warrington on the North West of England.

I have two cats Lucy who is a Hienz 57 and Tilly who is a Maine Coon. I was previously married for 19yrs to a very abusive man who certainly would never have understood this condition. I walked out when my son left home and it was the best thing that I ever did. Unfortunately I lost my son three years later when he was 22 he sadly took his own life and that was the trigger for my Fibromyalgia. He was a wonderful young man and I miss him desperately.

I have Rheumatoid Arthristis and had been wrongly diagnosed for a good few years as having Ankylosing spondilitis having the HLAB27 gene and dodgey looking MRI Scans. I have a very progressed degenerative disc disease,carpal tunnel syndrome,terrible immune system and a memory which escapes me. I used to be a theatre nurse and eventually went part time after being advised to take early retirement for quality of life reasons was told then that I would be in a wheelchair in about 2yrs. that wa in 1998 and I am still walking. falling over from time to time but still there!!!

Went to night school and eventually became a part time surgical secretary. Then I was diagnosed with Fibro and finally packed in work but not without a fight. I would go back tomorrow if only this condition would let me. I like to keep as motivated as possible and exercise most days with Yoga and little painful walks but I manage to walk throught the pain. I am on Pre-gablin which I find in really good, the very under estimated Paracetamol, occasion diazapan for muscle spasm and BP tabs. I have been on allsorts of other meds all of which made my quality of life unbearable so I ditched them. I have no intention of being in a wheelchair and fight for my health every minute of every day.

I am a giggler and love a good laugh and try never to take life to serious just incase this is the only stab at it that we get. I love to read anything, I belong in a choir but miss more than I attend yet keep going. I write poetry and had my first book published last year It is called 'Rainbow's End' it is dedicated to my son but is also dedicated to life. If any one would like a copy I would gladly send you one it is £5.99 plus postage and packaging of £1 and I will give the procedes to Fibro Uk.(my brain must be working today!!)

I'm so glad that I have finally found this site, I have found it to be encouraging and very comforting after feeling so alone. Thank you for your lovely e-mails and long live this site. Take care of yourselves everyone it is lovely to meet you xx

edit for clarity gillshutt x
Last edited by Ann Yates on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ann Yates
UKFM Member

Postby Ann Yates » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Sorry, didn't I go on!!!!!
Ann Yates
UKFM Member

Postby AMS » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Ann Y, lovely to meet you, you are such a brave lady and I am very moved by your story, they say that things are sent to try us, and they make us a better person.

Its also true that there is always someone worse off than yourself, so I won't feel sorry for myself so much after reading your story.

I hope that things take a turn for the better for you now and enjoy the things that you are able to do and enjoy I really admire you, take care
nette x
ANNETTE
AMS
UKFM Member

Postby Dotty » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi Ann - Welcome to the site, you must have been to hell and back again. I hope you can find a laugh, a comforting word when it's needed and I think you will find there are some marvelous people on here with more answers than some drs have questions.
Dotty
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Where to Say Hello