Hi new to the forum and new to fibro!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi new to the forum and new to fibro!

Postby Mummymcnab » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:32 am

Hello my name is Amanda I am 27 and a mummy to 2 gorgeous little boys who are 4 and 1. I live at the top of Scotland in a little town and love the peace after growing up in Edinburgh.
My mum has had m.e for around 12 years now and at the moment is really not very well, for as long as I can remember I get really painful legs and was always told its "growing pains" but more recently, maybe the last year I have been in so much pain with my legs, back, shoulders ect I am also really struggling with memory and when I am talking to people I can not find the words for what I want to say. It drives me insane. I am only 27 but feel like an old lady with my memory and the pains I get. I am currently taking tramadol and have been on them for around 14 months. I feel they are no longer helping tho as I am always so sore.

I have had tests for everything from thyroid to iron levels and everything is coming back fine, I am currently waiting on a back X-ray but my doctor is saying its more likely fibro she said its just very hard to diagnose and could take a long time, is this right? I just wish I could have some answers and have the diagnosis so I can say this is what it is instead of it just being "oh it's only a few aches and pains" I feel like my mum is the only person who understands me. I do have an amazing husband tho who really helps me, he works full time tho and I am at home with the boys. Sometimes I feel like a bad mum when I am having a bad day and we can't go out, they are to young to understand :(

Sorry about the long post. Thanks for reading :)
Mummymcnab
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi new to the forum and new to fibro!

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 am

first of all Amanda

big :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

you will find lots of information here and many new friends who understand
here you will find answers, you can ask questions, share the good and the "not so good" stuffs of life etc

all the best and
:flowers:
for a very good mum of two boys
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Mummymcnab » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 am

Thank you fibro-Lou :)

I am really looking forward to talking to people who are the same and who know what I am feeling. I can hopefully learn some new things I can also pass on to my mum, she wouldn't be able to get her head around joining :(

Mummymcnab
UKFM Newbie

Postby monica » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi Welcome to the forum. :wave: Loads of info on here and friendly people who understand this horrrid thing we have!
monica
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:36 pm

:welcome: to our little sanctuary Amanda :happy-easter1: :happy-easter1:

What your GP has said about it taking a while to find out what is the cause of your problems is right I'm afraid :( :( :( FM shares its symptoms with a number of other conditions, and because FM doesn't show up in any tests, scans, x~rays etc, it means that these other conditions have to be investigated and discounted before an FM dx is usually arrived at.

If you feel your current meds are no longer helping, this linky might be useful http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx It has info about the sorts of things used in trying to manage FM. If you have a look at things then go and see your GP about what else might be suitable for you to try. It's not unusual for it to take a while to find the right mix of things that makes the difference to you, just as it's not unusual for us to be on a pretty mixed cocktail of meds to keep us going.

Now you've joined us, you'll find a few more people who understand what you're going thru, how you're feeling etc as well as support and advice about things that may find useful and helpful. Anything else you're wanting to know about, don't be afraid to ask as there's a good chance someone will have had a similar experience.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:54 pm

:welcome: to the forum Amanda :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello