Symptoms

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Symptoms

Postby hament » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:01 am

Hi everyone.

My world has come to an end when i was told by my rhemotologist that i have Fib. I have pains in the shoulder, headaches, facial pains, flu like syptoms and IBS. recently in my thighs. I have had blood results which are normal and MRI which are normal.

the pins and needles come on suddenly but i think the cause of this may be my recent infection in the prostrate gland and the heavy use of antibiotics.... has any one had had a similar problem. does amitriptilin work?

Regards,

sorry the spellings a mess can't concentare with this dam pain!!!!! :cry:
hament
UKFM Newbie

Re: Symptoms

Postby denys » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 am

Hi harment, I have split your post from the topic you posted in as it is your first one and this board is more appropriate, so firstly :welcome: to the forum :wave: and secondly dont worry about spelling, grammar or punctuation. We all seem to find things difficult and so I bless my spellchecker every day :lol: :lol:

I havent heard of pins and needles being caused by excess use of AB's but then what do I know, I do know that lots of members including myself suffer with them and just like the pain they can move around too. I hope your infection is finally under control :-) :-) :-)
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LouLou » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:15 am

:wave: harment

Welcome to the forum. My thighs cause me a lot of pain too so I use hot water bottles on them to help ease the pain and have then laid out straight when I'm on the sofa. Just make sure you use a cover and a towel with the water bottles to prevent the red marks they leave.

In terms of amitriptyline, I was on it a few years ago but that was to help me sleep. It's also classed as an anti depressant and can help pain though I can't really comment on whether it helps that as my FM hadn't fully appeared to say hello when I wa son it. It did help me sleep though.

If you feel your meds aren't really helping then see your GP. There is such a wide variety of paid meds out there and a lot of us are on a combination of painkillers which compliment and help each other. They won't take the pain away fully but when you get the right combination you should start to feel the pain ease off.

Take Care
xx
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:43 pm

:welcome: to the forum hament :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

Being told you have FM does make it seem like the world has come to an end at first. With some patience and time tho, along with some trial and error, it is possible to find the right cocktail of meds and treatments that helps you to start living with FM rather than FM being the thing that is calling the shots in your life. It is a bit of a bumpy ride, and it does seem like you're going backwards a fair bit of the time, but things can be lighter and brighter than what they may appear to be at the moment.

I'm another devotee to the all~knowing and omnipotent SpellChecker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pre~FM I was grammatically clued up and knew how to spell, but now tho, thanks to the fog etc I'm lucky if I can remember my name at times, and if I can spell it then I get a bonus treat :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: It's all part of the condition I'm afraid :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I haven't heard of the intensive use of anti~bs being a cause of pins and needles either :-? :-? :-? :-? With there still being so much unknow about various illnesses, meds etc pretty much anything is possible. Pins and needles are often an associated problem with FM tho, a quick look thru things on here shows how many of us are affected by it :shock: :shock: :shock:

For some, amitriptyline can make a real difference to sleep and pain levels. The only way to find out if they are suitable tho is to give them a good go, let them get into your system fully, tweak the dosage as necessary, and see what happens. Unfortunately one of the foibles of FM is how it affects us when it comes to meds, as what may help one of us may not do so for another :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: There are other meds to be tried in all sorts of combos to try and manage FM, this linky has more info about what is used http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalg ... tment.aspx

There's lots of other info and advice on here, so have a bit of a look and a read around. Anything you want to know about, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum hament :cow-wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello