Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby Alien.Girl » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi (After 10mins of typing and thinking i have done well don't you think... lol :lol: )
Ok my boyfriend told me to start with the basics as i am just sat staring at my laptop. The joy of fibro fog.

I am 26 from nottingham. I have FMS was diagnosed at 18 i also have alot of other medical problems not linked to the FMS such as benign intercraniel hypertension, borderline personality disorder, multiple personality disorder the list goes on and i don't want to bore you to much. I have a really supportive boyfriend whom i will be moving in with next month and a lovely little yorkshire terrier puppy.

I am going through a really bad flare up at the minute to the point i am nearly bed bound. I have alot of stress with my bf's mum who i think is trying to either 1) drive me crazy so i end up in hospital.. again.. so then she can prove to her son i am nuts or 2) trying to break us up... She is sadly failing though to my delight ( naughty naughty me :twisted: ) To be honest which i guess this forum is all about i am running myself into the ground. My legs are very swollen and i got really sexy leg ulcers :cry: my legs have swollen to the point my stretchy leggings are like skinny jeans but i am still plodding on. I have bad fibro fog most the time i don't sleep very well and my life is pretty blah at the moment. My bf who is also ill is trying to help as much as he can but i am a very stubborn woman and won't give up even if it means putting myself through an insane amount of pain.

I like computer games and painting warhammer figures i am a geek and very proud of it. I love taking my little pup for walks even though my legs are so swollen. My favourite painkiller is jack daniels lol well its the only one that works apart from my bfs dads homemade wine (that is seriously strong stuff i mean seriously strong stuff)

Ermm.. thats about it. Thanks so much for reading and i hope i didn't go on to much
here are some random smilies to say well done for getting to the end
:cow-wave: :bear-dancing: :dogrun1: :bear-dancing: :cow-wave:

take care
Alien.Girl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: to our FibroFamily Alien.Girl :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Nice to hear you're a geek and proud to be so :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: I don't think I'm exactly conventional either, and never have been. I have a teenage offspring who is also into gaming and WarHammer figures, and we've spent quite a number of hours down at WarHammer World, albeit mainly in the bar for us :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1: :cup1:

You're in good company on here, quite a few of us have animal friends and their love can help making getting thru the fibro~filled days that little more manageable. I'm owned by a springie girlie who also isn't conventional :dogrun1:

Moving in together is always stressful, and that's with a decent bf's mother. Throw in an :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: one and suddenly juggling with fire seems like a sensible hobby to take up :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: Glad she's failing in whatever nefarious plot she thinks she's working on :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm pretty sure you know this already, when it comes to FM, running yourself into the ground isn't really the ideal way to deal with life :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: I know this as I tried it myself and still have a few battlescars to show for it. Hopefully, as you find your way around the place, there will be some suggestions that can help you find alternative ways to approach things as not running yourself completely into the ground will give you a little more :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: sort of time to spend with your bf and your furbaby :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

My turn to have the fog come rolling in even more now :oops: :facepalm: :shock: Just ask if there's anything you want to know about and we'll try to help you with it :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adie hawkeye » Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:37 pm

HI Alien girl
I read your post after I put my SA of a post up and thought wow its not just FMS that we have in common although it could be because of FMS that we do have some things in common lol. no seriously now I really know how you feel and can only wish you all the best in future
now to the common parts I too play computer games rather badly I might add but like you when experiencing fibro fog thats if I can remember where my pc or xbox are ? right next to my computer is my modeling table ( no not kinky stuff ) but plastic models and painting warhammer figures etc I used to use JD as my primary care medication and think I might just go back to it now having read your post gave up as I am on some serious meds and loads of them ( dont interact that well with any alcohol unfortunately including JD ) but your right I certainly found it worked a lot better then the meds with less side effects

Thanks for making my evening

Best regards to you and your BF

Adie
Adie hawkeye
UKFM Member

Postby fletch » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:32 am

Hi and welcome Alien.Girl

I don't post a lot of words as I get board with reading them.

But welcome again all the best

fletch
fletch
UKFM Member

Postby LouLou » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi there

Welcome to our little world. I know exactly what you mean about OH's mother, mine is a bit of a nightmare and I often feel like I'm not good enough for my OH. But we have been together 8 years this year and lived together 7 so I must be doing something right lol.

Congratulations on moving in together, it's a huge step but a lovely one and it's so great you have a supportive OH. Mine is the same and cound't be without him.

I'm also owned by a doglet, a 2 year old collie cross lab and alot of us on here are animal fanatics lol.

I really hope your pain eases up so you can enjoy this exciting time of moving in.

Look forward to chatting with you on here
x
What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger ;-)
LouLou
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello